Is it still overlanding in a campground?

• HTML tutorial

BeardedOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Kingman, Arizona, United States
First Name
JASON
Last Name
SMITH
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUH443
Took the family on a little camping trip this past weekend. In Oklahoma it’s rare to find dispersed camping, so we went to a local campground. Checked out The Lake of the Arbuckles in the Chickasaw National Recreation area. One of the nicest campgrounds I’ve been too. While almost every sight was taken everyone there was thoughtful of others. That’s very rare to see these days. While it rained most of the weekend, the RTT performed flawlessly. This was the pups first trip and after the first night, she settled down and enjoy it. We went on a lot of walks around the lake, used our GMRS Rugged Radios and ate some good food while sitting around the campfire. It was a fun trip and did require me to drive a thousand miles! If you follow me you know most of my trips start with a fifteen hour drive!

Attachments

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Overlanding = Vehicle dependant travel (Founding principle numero uno on this site) - you drove there and were dependant on your rig carried your tent (bolted to the roof even) and your vittles and other essentials. Qualifies in every way in my book

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Hey, if you had a great time in the rain? Right on! It poured on us recently and we had a great time. Rain, snow, sleet, nor hail should never make a dent in Overlanding fun. However, a lightning strike at 9,000 ft and less than 50 yards away? Shook me to the core. Fun? Heck ya! We all lived to tell about it.

4x4tripping

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Switzerland
First Name
Heinz
Last Name
Treben
Wonderful spot! No matters how It should be called - have fun!

I did "overlanding trips" in laos and thailand by rental car and ground tent (and basic gear like a cooker, fridge box with Ice as cooling) by rentals like a toyota fortuner oder ford ranger.

trippin

Reactions: BeardedOverland