Investor

Trail Blazer III

United Kingdom
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Quince
Member #

Not in Ireland, but just finished 3 weeks on the green isle visiting all 4 corners.. Beautiful country. Also very easy for Overlanding compared to England.

@Outdoordog - Just a note Scotch can only be found in Scotland and is only a certain type of Whiskey, In Ireland you get Blended, Single Malt, Pot Still, Grain and some new Rye's. My Fav is pot stills but this is from a small little bar in the middle of Ireland. (The lastpic includes Scotch, Japanese and American)

IMG_20240831_222327_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240831_222248_HDR.jpgIMG_20240831_222244_HDR.jpg

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

European mainland here, welcome to overland bound!
We have local groups in what's app and local groups in the forum, you might get more helpful replies there, just look for the regional sections here.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Irish Overlanding...is that when you strike camp and depart without saying anything before any of the other caravan members realize it, you're gone?

Jomoixx

Rank 0

Contributor I

Pittsburgh
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Morgan
Not in Ireland, but just finished 3 weeks on the green isle visiting all 4 corners.. Beautiful country. Also very easy for Overlanding compared to England.

@Outdoordog - Just a note Scotch can only be found in Scotland and is only a certain type of Whiskey, In Ireland you get Blended, Single Malt, Pot Still, Grain and some new Rye's. My Fav is pot stills but this is from a small little bar in the middle of Ireland. (The lastpic includes Scotch, Japanese and American)

View attachment 285059

View attachment 285058View attachment 285057
It's the place that I'd love to visit :grimacing:

Outdoordog

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

View attachment 285059

View attachment 285058View attachment 285057
That's neat!
I'm not too knowledgeable on liquors, but once I was at my cousins sons birthday party, and there was an open bar.
I was getting Macallan 12 (neat), and say they had a Macallan 25. Asked for one, he said it's not on the house (was open bar), I said it's fine.
It was so smooth and flavorful. He then hands me the bill, $275! I should of asked how much, but then again, you're not suppose to ask when in a luxury steak house. I figured it would of been $80 at most.
I don't smoke cigarettes anymore, but a nice cigar with a good whiskey, is AMAZING.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
havent been to ireland... but have spent time in scotland.
lots of fun. i think ewe would like it! :grinning:

1727352202484.png

Last edited:
Reactions: MuckSavage