Inverter recommendation for 100aH deep cycle battery?

• HTML tutorial

wahoowad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Virginia, USA
First Name
Wilbur
Last Name
McGee
I have an Ionic 100aH LiFePO4 battery for my boat trolling motor but would also like to use this battery for some portable power when camping. This battery has a max discharge current of 100A so conceivably I can get 1200W out of it, although I would never pull anywhere near that much. I'm thinking maybe a 500 - 750w inverter? I really don't have any high drain appliances - at different times/trips I might be powering an inflatable air mattress pump, sometimes some lights, recharging devices, maybe running a mobile Starlink. So not a lot of watts but thought I'd get something capable of running a home fridge during a power outage. What's that - 400W continuous, 700W surge?

Any recommendations on a decent make/model that has held up for you?

K12

Rank VII

Pathfinder I

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
I have an Ionic 100aH LiFePO4 battery for my boat trolling motor but would also like to use this battery for some portable power when camping. This battery has a max discharge current of 100A so conceivably I can get 1200W out of it, although I would never pull anywhere near that much. I'm thinking maybe a 500 - 750w inverter? I really don't have any high drain appliances - at different times/trips I might be powering an inflatable air mattress pump, sometimes some lights, recharging devices, maybe running a mobile Starlink. So not a lot of watts but thought I'd get something capable of running a home fridge during a power outage. What's that - 400W continuous, 700W surge?

Any recommendations on a decent make/model that has held up for you?
I am a little Bias towards Victron, I have beem running my victron inverter (and many other components) for about 2 years now and have had 0 issues with them. I know redarc is very good as well. You are going to soend money if you want the least amount of wasted energy. Hopefully you have a way to charge on the go like a portable solar panel. Inverters will have a constant draw on top of the inefficiency going from dc - ac. would recommend trying to get everything off of 12v to run direct off the battery. You can find 12v > USB chargers and 12v air pumps pretty easy that will be more power efficient than an inverter.

As for the fridge i think 100ah for that is going to drop pretty quick, if you dont open the fridge it keeps the air. Youll have to figure out the ah pull of the compressor when it kicks on and figure out what is needed to keep that going (as far as inverter output).