Interior Accessories

• HTML tutorial

D3Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Canterbury, UK
Member #

I have found that the ANKER usb hubs are almost indestructible..i have one/two in front powering all my devices and the kids have the same in the rear !2017-08-31 08.22.44.jpg

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
Here is one for the Jeep fans. The Vector bar mounts to existing dash bolts. Then you can use the ram mount system to hold your electronics. Sorry no pics with it loaded up but its my daily driver.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using OB Talk mobile app

Jade Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Minneola, FL
I've done a few things for the inside of the FJ to make it easier to use on trips and while wheeling.

Rear drawer to keep all the gear: Better Built drawer with a top I made so the dogs have somewhere to stand.

Also took out the back seat since no one ever used it and made a flip up rear tray. The tray uses the seat mounts to install so it folds up just like the seats. You can put some jackets or a jump box underneath and there's tie-downs to mount my fridge and chuck box.

When the wife and I travel there are a lot of times we want to stop real quick and grab a bite to eat and there's nowhere to do that. I had OrangeBoxx make a rear storage rack to hold odds and ends and it folds down into a table. Really well made product.

Gotta keep an eye on everything so an Ultragauge and a Dometic fridge monitor are on the dash.

Springtsail Solutions dog cage is a great product too. Keeps everything in the rear, dogs or gear, and gives you a place to mount of some recovery stuff.

I've also added LED interior lights for better viability and a bunch of power slots from Blue Sea (cigarette plugs and USB ports). Heated seats were a nice addition (wifes favorite). One of the best things I've put in to make long road hauls more tolerable is an in-dash DVD player. Often times you find yourself driving around with no Wi-Fi and no good radio channels so the ability to slap in a movie to entertain yourself and a passenger is clutch.

Last edited:

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
I have a Mantec interior rack in my Discovery 3 which i then attach various Molle packs too carrying an assortment of things. I also have the Xanadoo boot basket which hides under the rear cover when not in use but enables you to add an extra layer in the rear. View attachment 36882
PORRIGE NO BETTER WAY TO START THE DAY

Reactions: D3Overland

John-Scott

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Benson Way, Ashland, Oregon 97520, United States
First Name
Johnt
Last Name
Forester
Member #

Check out www.proclipusa.com

I use the Samsung tablet in my vehicle as the center of all things sounds and video/gps related things. My mount makes it easy to charge constantly and just pull it out of the bracket when I need it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using OB Talk mobile app
I have the Garmin 530cx handheld GPS. Looking for a big screen, Samsung Tablet?, that i can have high quality offroad GPS. What are you using?

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Thank you! That's as tight to the ceiling as you can get it?
Yep. The outer ring is taught but it's designed as a basket so the center hangs down to create a bowl. I'm sure you could ask for yours to have less slack so it would pull up higher, everything is made in house. Like I said though, I've gotten used to it and for the time being, wouldn't take it out because of how handy it is for my blanket, hoodie, rain gear, sun hat and umbrella, plus the kids can stuff their jackets up there on trips.

Reactions: Steve

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
@Quicksilver A rack like that is my next interior project for the rear. I've got to get some more 1" aluminum tube and get over to a buddy's house whose gonna help me bend it up and then make some plates that fit the contour of the sides. Not sure when I'll have time to get down to his place though, things are kinda hectic right now.