Big Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hixson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FZJ
Just wondering who out there is using and induction cooktop? I see Amazon has a deal on the Jackery 1000 right now and it looks like this thing might be able to power a single burner induction stovetop I have.

Anyone have experience with such a setup?

Dave in AZ

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Arizona, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Mac
Just wondering who out there is using and induction cooktop? I see Amazon has a deal on the Jackery 1000 right now and it looks like this thing might be able to power a single burner induction stovetop I have.

Anyone have experience with such a setup?
I have been experimenting. Doubt the Jackery 1000 is enough inverter... Most induction cookers that are worth using are 1800W, anything less is very weak and a super small heat ring. And because it is induction, it needs more than 1800W to cycle on and off as they do. Recommend at least 2000W inverter unless you want a weak, disappointment of a cooker.

I am sure people will reply that they make do with less... I can also use the smallest gas burner on my house cooktop, and never go above medium flame... doesn't mean it's fun or a good setup. Before you believe someone telling you how great it is at 700W, buy one yourself for about $100, and try it at home plugged into wall with a killawat $10 meter. After 30 or 40 meals at less than 1000W settings, come back and THEN tell me how wonderdul it is to cook over a candle or a sterno... it's not. ;)

Last edited:

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
i have an ecoflow delta 2 that is the equivalent of the jackery 1000 and runs my induction burner just fine. boiling water, it pulled right at 1000 watts (its an 1800w unit) and according to the readout, that has over an hour of usage at that rate. i didnt max out the burner, but the setting i used boiled 2 cups of cold water in 2 minutes, so that gives you an idea of power consumption
i use 3-ply viking pots for liquids and carbon steel pans for meat and both work great on the induction

our camper has a 280ah battery with a 3kw inverter and that will run the burner full power for quite a while, but the delta 2 will do a good job and i figure i could get 5-6 meals cooked on before having to recharge.

IMG_3213.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt Hixson

Matt Hixson

Rank V

Member I

Big Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hixson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FZJ
Just did a little test. This is very similar to the NuWave cooker I have. I set it to the lowest wattage of 600W and a Medium setting which the display claims to be 275F. I plugged it into a Kill-A-Watt and at those settings it was pulling ~850W. So, yes. Your advice sounds spot on with what I'm seeing.

I'm also considering a Goal Zero Yeti 1000x. With 1500W output and surge capability to 3000W that sounds more up to the task than the Jackery.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
saw the link for the goal zero and thats a good price. thats what i paid for my delta 2 and it was on sale off of $900 regular price. i have a smaller jackery and its ok, but i'd rather the ecoflow or goal zero. once i saw that jackery was being sold at harbor freight, i lost even more interest in that brand.

but yeah, i think that unit will serve your needs power wise