South Bruce Peninsula, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Don
Last Name
Pittock
Member #

Service Branch
Provincial Police
Help. I have an Alu-Cab Explorer Canopy coming. It mounts to the in box rail system not the top of the box. The Alu-Cab literature states that moùnt it to the MOPAR system. Does anyone have any information or thoughts if it would work on the Terra Flex rail system or any other after market system such as built right ect.
Thanks for your help.

Don

Reactions: Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Mounted mine to the Mopar trail rails and that worked fine. Let me know if you want any pics of the mounting to help with ideas, etc., for your intended setup. Also have Alu-Cab box slider system and kitchen cupboard (empty version) mounted and those do work together in the limited space in the back of a Gladiator. I did ditch the front most (not sides) trail rail and was able to get the mounts to fit to existing bolt holes. The canopy arrived in extra thick "structural cardboard" which I fought sawing up by hand. Recently took the sawzall to the remaining pieces of "structural cardboard" (the bulk of it) and that was a treat ;) The rest of it is finally in the recycling bin.

Last edited:
Reactions: grubworm

yazanabbas11

Rank I

Contributor III

ANNABA, Annaba, Algeria
First Name
Scott
Last Name
OReilly
The problem with "coming up with a better way" isn't so much coming up with an idea, as much as it's coming up with the idea and bringing something to market. AND the idea has to be better enough to get people to want to switch to it, otherwise there's no point in bringing it to market since it won't sell. If it's just a little better, then people don't switch... It needs to be a lot better.

Last edited: