First Name
Thore
Last Name
Fahrenbach
Member #

Service Branch
Higher Education
Wow. What a great multi-day Meetup.
Once again Björn organised an extraordinary meeting. The camp was situated in a valley with a small stream on one side and surrounded by deep green forests. There were members from Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium.
In addition to many exciting discussions, there were various workshops. From outdoor ethics - why is it actually important not to leave any traces, to how do I build my own parking heater and what do I have to pay attention to, to first aid with subsequent basic life support (BLS), to reanimation with a dummy. The topic of micro-goaling as a coping strategy was also refreshed. In my opinion, these small workshops are enormously important, because the exchange and the refreshment or acquisition of new and old skills brings us forward individually but also as a community.
But what is just as important as workshops is simply connecting time together. So it's no wonder that even after a short time, the anticipation and longing for the coming event are high.
What kind of workshops would interest you?

Workshops 2022:
- Overland-specific First Aid (sunstroke, hypothermia, dehydration, trauma (falls, fractures, bleeding). @XC70_OVERLANDER
- How to deal with exceptional situations - Micro Goals - your superpower @NotGumby
- Tyre repair @El-Dracho
- Spare parts and tools @El-Dracho

Workshops 2023:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) @El-Dracho + @XC70_OVERLANDER
- CPR Training @El-Dracho + @XC70_OVERLANDER
- Recap: Micro-Goals - Your superpower @NotGumby
- Heater in a box - what should I look out for @MazeVX
- Outdoor Ethics - Discussion Round @XC70_OVERLANDER

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. Thank you for all the great feedback. I was happy to organize it again.

It was a great weekend with super nice people, great conversations with like-minded people and, as Thore already mentioned, good workshops and round table talks.

Thanks to all who were there and made it a great meetup. Special thanks again to Thore @XC70_OVERLANDER and Mathias @MazeVX for your contributions in the form of workshops and trainings. Thanks also to Rick @NotGumby , for the refresher on the micro goaling technique. Your talks and presentations are always refreshing and impressive. And not to forget to mention Sven @Sven , who had the longest distance to the meetup and got a small gift as recognition for taking this long journey.

Looking forward to the next meetups with members of this amazing community.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Yesterday, I have handed over the donations as a thank you for providing the CPR training dummies for our BLS/ CPR training to the regional association of the St. John Ambulance/ JUH. The joy and gratitude was great. Many thanks again to all donors for this.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Looks like you all had a great time meeting up, the scenery from the pictures looks stunning.
Yes, it was. A great combination of great people, good conversations, lots of fun, skills training and beautiful scenery.