Rank V

Explorer I

Phx, AZ
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Petersen
Member #

Is there a way to import a gpx in the resource/web map then sync to my tablet?

I am joining a group on a route, have a gpx on my mac, can sync to my iPad but am having difficulty getting it to my Samsung tablet for use in OB1.

If only the iPad had a GPS chip...then I would never need to deal with android.

Reactions: Rocker85 and Kent R

cookiedough

Rank V

Explorer I

Phx, AZ
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Petersen
Member #

Yes, you can import GPX files into the OB 1 app. Just go to the map and click the big yellow plus icon, as if you were entering a POI. And there select Import GPX and follow the next steps in the app.
I did see that, the issue was getting the .gpx from my mac to the android tablet. iCloud makes all that easy, but the snapdragon chip has the gps which the iPad doesn't.

I ended up creating an email account, emailing the track to myself, logging in to the email on the tablet and then loading to the app. I was just hoping there was a way to route plan on the desktop/webmap then sync to the tablet app. That's the planning method I used in Gaia, OnX, Earthmate...I really want to like OB1 but the lack of desktop planning is somewhat limiting.

Reactions: Rocker85

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army

If only the iPad had a GPS chip...then I would never need to deal with android.
For what it is worth any of the iPads with an LTE option have gps onboard. There is also the option of a GPS puck that can connect via bluetooth that can provide a gps signal to your current ipad. Then you don't have to deal with Android.

I use either Onedrive or Google Drive to make it easier to sync files between iOS and Android/windows