Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
We are attending the Expo East, but could tag on a few days afterward, definitely cannot do an additional 8 days. That whole work thing.

Reactions: SJ.Overland

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
We are attending the Expo East, but could tag on a few days afterward, definitely cannot do an additional 8 days. That whole work thing.
A few of our group are still on the fence about the Expo, if we go we'll probably do the whole experience though.

bear_den_overland

Rank III

Off-Road Ranger I

Pittsburgh
First Name
Greg
Last Name
StClair
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXQ724
Would be good to have someone else familiar with the area, we've only been a couple times to the area. I'm headed back in a couple weeks to get a bit of scouting in.
let me know what you work out. We can meet up maybe in Morgantown if you want company. We can dirt hop the way down from there with some pretty cool stuff to Davis.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Would be good to have someone else familiar with the area, we've only been a couple times to the area. I'm headed back in a couple weeks to get a bit of scouting in.
let me know what you work out. We can meet up maybe in Morgantown if you want company. We can dirt hop the way down from there with some pretty cool stuff to Davis.
If I can swing it I’ll let you know, running a tight schedule so may only get to scout one of the 3 days

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
You should be fine, armor is more meant for those without a Lift and upsized tires. To be honest I only know about 60% of the route I have built. So there’s a possibility we may get into stuff where we may need to call an audible on the trail. But from my research we should be fine. I plan to get out there in a week or so and at least see some of the area I don’t know about.

Reactions: bear_den_overland

John Bishop

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Harpers Ferry, WV, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

Interested and watching this thread. A lot depends on when it happens. You know, those annoying adulting life commitments.

I’ve done a fair amount of exploring in the GW and Jefferson forests, at least the northern sections if you want to pm me.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Interested and watching this thread. A lot depends on when it happens. You know, those annoying adulting life commitments.

I’ve done a fair amount of exploring in the GW and Jefferson forests, at least the northern sections if you want to pm me.
I’ll reach out after this weekend. I will be in that area (in the northern bit) on a getaway trip with College buddies, trail riding isn’t on the docket for them, but if I get the chance I’ll sneak away for an afternoon.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
I did not get to check out all of what I wanted, but I got to the area's I've been before to at least see what's changed in the past 7 or so months. Got some decent footage of the high points again though.

Krusty

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Richmond, Virginia, USA
First Name
brian
Last Name
columbo
Member #

Do either of you guys have some good coordinates to start? I'd like to go out before for a weekend or two

Reactions: bear_den_overland

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Do either of you guys have some good coordinates to start? I'd like to go out before for a weekend or two
I’d say just explore around Flagpole knob. That’s where I started when I first went out. Then make your way towards other areas.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Due to budgeting, I will not be attending Expo East now. I’m going to cancel this Rally Point, there’s still a possibility I may be able to make the trip, but I will recreate this if I end up running it.