RunPoncho

Rank I

Contributor III

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Run
Last Name
Poncho
Hey I'm new to the RTT market and wondering if anyone has any advice/recommendations/personal experience with either the Skycamp 3.0 Mini or the Condor Overland RTT? I have a F-150 and I'd like to keep a low profile on the setup so I'm getting a below cab height rack and would like to keep the tent in the bed area so that's why I'm looking at these two tents. Any info or experience with these two tents would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: HighVoltOverland

Builder III

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Augustine
Last Name
Wheelister
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRVW409
Service Branch
Army
I ultimately went with the Condor for a few reasons
1: the mounting options- you can use m8 bolts or y nuts to mount lighter gear to the tent, my recovery boards fit perfectly
2:the crossbars- I can keep the tent on and still carry a surfboard or SUP or kayak with no issue as my roof rails line up neatly with the condor rails
3:the tent footprint- I had a 2 mini clone and found that it tapered at the feet so my wife and I could not fit two sleeping pads next to each other (foam is rock hard and cold in winter)

IKamper makes wonderful gear but ultimately for my use case the overland left me with great utility and comfort

One thing to note, since covid Roofnest has had several BBB complaints as well as a lot of noise on Reddit
I risked it and have no regrets

Reactions: RunPoncho and 15PSD

OverlandJeep

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Gil
Last Name
Janke
Member #

Service Branch
None
I own an iKamper mini 2.0. So far it works great. Recently purchased a liner for the tent. Apparently, this liner will help in 30 degree or below weather. Also, the liner was only $200 bucks from iKamper.
Finally, plan on adding carpeted tile to the tent floor. It helps with my knees and absorbs some moisture - which needs to be completely dried at a later date.

I'm always interested in meeting new Overlanders. I live in Nashville, with my wife and we're both retired. Maybe we can share ideas??

Gil Janke

Reactions: RunPoncho

Builder III

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Augustine
Last Name
Wheelister
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRVW409
Service Branch
Army
I own an iKamper mini 2.0. So far it works great. Recently purchased a liner for the tent. Apparently, this liner will help in 30 degree or below weather. Also, the liner was only $200 bucks from iKamper.
Finally, plan on adding carpeted tile to the tent floor. It helps with my knees and absorbs some moisture - which needs to be completely dried at a later date.

I'm always interested in meeting new Overlanders. I live in Nashville, with my wife and we're both retired. Maybe we can share ideas??

Gil Janke
Just a bit curious, why carpet instead of foam squares or a couple cheap yoga mats?
The former seems like a big opportunity for mold/mildew

Moment4Life

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Aurora, CO, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Cross
I bought Ikamper 2.0 4 person off Craigslist and have no complaints yet. Take a look at Ikamper it is nice, pair that with moon shade and it just works. I put king air self inflate mattress’s so I could keep rumpl , pillow and double sleeping bag in it all the time. The reason I said no complaints yet as I use it I may find some negative (s) but I bought used and can resell and go with another option should I need to. All in all it is hard shell all the way for me and lots of room for my fur babies at sleep time

OverlandJeep

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Gil
Last Name
Janke
Member #

Service Branch
None

Gil Janke
Just a bit curious, why carpet instead of foam squares or a couple cheap yoga mats?
The former seems like a big opportunity for mold/mildew
The tiles were free.

hartmutkraft

Rank 0

Contributor II

NJ, USA
First Name
Hartmut
Last Name
Kraft
1: the mounting options- you can use m8 bolts or y nuts to mount lighter gear to the tent, my recovery boards fit perfectly
2:the crossbars- I can keep the tent on and still carry a surfboard or SUP or kayak with no issue as my roof rails line up neatly with the condor rails
3:the tent footprint- I had a 2 mini clone and found that it tapered at the feet so my wife and I could not fit two sleeping pads next to each other (foam is rock hard and cold in winter)

IKamper makes wonderful gear but ultimately for my use case the overland left me with great utility and comfort

One thing to note, since covid Roofnest has had several BBB complaints as well as a lot of noise on Reddit
Hey HighVoltOverland,

Fellow R1Ter here. Do you mind sharing a picture of your setup (bed rack, the Condor Overland and how it lines up with the cross bars on both. Would really appreciate it!

Kind regards
H.

2024-04-05 22.07.50.jpg

Reactions: HighVoltOverland

Builder III

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Augustine
Last Name
Wheelister
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRVW409
Service Branch
Army

Hey HighVoltOverland,

Fellow R1Ter here. Do you mind sharing a picture of your setup (bed rack, the Condor Overland and how it lines up with the cross bars on both. Would really appreciate it!

Kind regards
H.

View attachment 276954
Hope this helps

Attachments