Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

Hey Jake, I was just watching a recent Ronny Dahl video and one of the guys was running a hitch extension (looks like a 12") while pulling his boat on their trip. In the video they found that the metal (on the hitch receiver) was cracking at several stress points, most like due to the additional leverage force caused by the extended hitch. I know yours still extends out some, so you might want to start inspecting the hitch area regularly, especially after some time offroad.

I normally wouldn't worry much about it since they are particularly rough on their trips, but given the mileage and time you spend pulling yours, I could see it being a concern.

Here's the video. It should start at ~24:52 but if not, skip to there:

Be safe out there!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey Jake, I was just watching a recent Ronny Dahl video and one of the guys was running a hitch extension (looks like a 12") while pulling his boat on their trip. In the video they found that the metal (on the hitch receiver) was cracking at several stress points, most like due to the additional leverage force caused by the extended hitch. I know yours still extends out some, so you might want to start inspecting the hitch area regularly, especially after some time offroad.

I normally wouldn't worry much about it since they are particularly rough on their trips, but given the mileage and time you spend pulling yours, I could see it being a concern.

Here's the video. It should start at ~24:52 but if not, skip to there:

Be safe out there!
I appreciate the heads up and video! Thank you!

S

SubeeBen

Brother been watching you on you tube when you first started your Jeep build with your dog pre girlfriend ha ha so amazed to see you on O.B. Good job on the trailer. If your ever in San Diego msg me to have a beer

Reactions: Bronco&YJ7