California
First Name
Tesh
Last Name
Overland
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE6CKN
Decided to install a winch on my Rebel. Also decided I am cheap. [...]
This is why I'm on this forum - hats off to you, you've inspired me to do the same soon. I'll be buying all the materials, rather than buy the Vice Designs bracket kit, mostly because I want to build it myself.

Here's my stock '19 Rebel - which unfortunately had a failed EPS two weekends ago on its inaugural trail run (in the snow); to the 5th Gen owners, there's a TSB for a 'sticky' steering, which eventually ends in lockup+failure. PM me if you need more info.

1616704881087.png

Reactions: Mekcanix and DaleRF

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
This is why I'm on this forum - hats off to you, you've inspired me to do the same soon. I'll be buying all the materials, rather than buy the Vice Designs bracket kit, mostly because I want to build it myself.

Here's my stock '19 Rebel - which unfortunately had a failed EPS two weekends ago on its inaugural trail run (in the snow); to the 5th Gen owners, there's a TSB for a 'sticky' steering, which eventually ends in lockup+failure. PM me if you need more info.

View attachment 192511
Everything looks good in snow!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
LOL. Actually, I have had the replacement for 6 months now. It was just so hard to let go of the faithful 2007. I did get tired of neighbors asking me why I had two big red Rams in my driveway though. LOL

Carli suspension going on next week.

View attachment 192625
Nice!

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

LOL. Actually, I have had the replacement for 6 months now. It was just so hard to let go of the faithful 2007. I did get tired of neighbors asking me why I had two big red Rams in my driveway though. LOL

Carli suspension going on next week.

View attachment 192625
I’ve got carli ball joints and the sway bar is laying on the shop floor ready for my truck to go back together. What kit are you going to be using?

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
Ordered 12/4 came home today 2021 Tradesman Power Wagon, let the games begin!
View attachment 192531
When you starting the build thread. Tradesman with Powerwagon package is 98% going to be my next truck. Love the Olive Green. I am torn between orange, blue, or green.

Check out www.HDRAMS.com for some RAM HeftyDuty information.

Reactions: bgenlvtex

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

When you starting the build thread. Tradesman with Powerwagon package is 98% going to be my next truck. Love the Olive Green. I am torn between orange, blue, or green.

Check out www.HDRAMS.com for some RAM HeftyDuty information.
Our JTR will continue to be our focus for an adventure vehicle and the Power Wagon is a back up plan. I had a 2016 Ram 2500 that was with more to the dealer than it was to me, and it was a good time in my life plan to buy it.

I've wanted a PW for my whole life and this being the 75th anniversary, this is MY concept of what it should be. The PW came to life and lived as a pure HD utility for at least the first 50 years of its life. The new ones are awesome but to me the Power Wagon TRIM package diverges greatly from its utilitarian roots.

I will say I am somewhat spoiled on the selection, availability and more so price of Jeep parts. For instance proper sliders for the JT? $900ish shipped. Proper sliders for the PW about double that.

I'll check out the HDRams, I joined Ram forums years ago as I am a long time Dodge /Ram owner and have found some useful info in the PW subforum

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

I’ve got carli ball joints and the sway bar is laying on the shop floor ready for my truck to go back together. What kit are you going to be using?
3" Dominator kit with sway bar. I usually do all my own work. This is the first time I am having somebody else do the suspension on one of my Jeeps or trucks. It feels strange.

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

That would be strange. Which rear leaf set up are you going with?
It just feels strange having someone else do the work instead of me. I have never had anyone else work on my trucks. I have a 2500 with coils in the rear.

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

It just feels strange having someone else do the work instead of me. I have never had anyone else work on my trucks. I have a 2500 with coils in the rear.
I’ve been looking at their rear leafs but I need to talk to them first and figure out what it will do to my towing capacity. I can’t wait to see what the sway bar does. It may make up my mind for me on the coils and leafs. One of these days I will need to get a new tow rig.