bigred2211

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Maryland
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Walker
Sorry for the late reply - clearly I need to check the forums more often. Here are some before the level and new wheels/tires.
View attachment 148001

View attachment 148002

View attachment 148003

I only had it out once in February and then everything closed in March. Weather was around -5 C and I was comfortable with a space heater. Setup is super easy and I had lots of room to cook and hang out in the bed.

The side panels are genius and the bed is so much more usable than when I had a tonneau cover on.

I’m still debating what I want to do with the bed. I don’t think I want a permanent build. I think I may install a Cargo Slide or something to make accessing the fridge and other gear easier.

I do plan to put a solar panel on the roof and also wire to the starter battery to keep the aux battery charged in the bed.

Overall, I’m pretty happy. I do have to park facing up an incline when it rains or all of the water drips down on the rear doors. They don’t leak, but the seals do get saturated which is annoying in cold weather.
Looks great I want one of those baaaaad, but production is delayed until 2021 and I also have the Ram Boxes, so it would not work..ughhh.

Reactions: Phil Perdue

Tjarget

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Argetsinger
Member #

New here. Member over on the RAM forum told me to come check this place out. Glad I did. Seems like my kind of crowd.

Here some various pics of my setup.
2019 RAM 1500 Laramie
Mopar lift (updated version)
ORP front springs
Vice Design hidden winch mount
Smitty X20 Comp 12k winch
White Knuckle Offroad rock sliders (Probably one of the best parts. Has already allowed me to go places I never would have tried otherwise).
Method Race wheels
34" Wildpeaks
Steering box skid plate
Transfer Case skid plate
Angle grinder front bumper (it's super limited edition lol)
Smitty 5.65 CFM air compressor

Next:
Get some fab work done for a trans skid plate
Order gas tank skid plate
Bed cap
Drawer/rack system for gear

Little bit older pic, but I love it.
View attachment 134593
View attachment 134594

As the truck sits now.
View attachment 134595View attachment 134596

We have very similar truck. Right down to the hidden winch. Great Looking Ride.

MetalDog

Rank I

Contributor III

Portland, OR
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Edwards
Betsy, my 2016 Ram 2500
Lots of work done on her including
- nuthouse industries nutzo 2 rack
- Ikamper skycamp 2
- Alu can 270 awning
- 2 100 watt solar panels on the roof
- 2 125 amp hour batteries in the bed
- dometic CFX 95
- ramp for my boys (Thor & LOKI) to get up into the tent

View attachment 136548View attachment 136548View attachment 136549View attachment 136550View attachment 136551View attachment 136552
Thank you for letting me know that my AluCab awning will fit on a Nuthouse rack!!!

shskr

Rank II

Traveler III

Vancouver, BC, Canada
First Name
Frank
Last Name
DiGiovanni
Sorry for the late reply - clearly I need to check the forums more often. Here are some before the level and new wheels/tires.
View attachment 148001

View attachment 148002

View attachment 148003

I only had it out once in February and then everything closed in March. Weather was around -5 C and I was comfortable with a space heater. Setup is super easy and I had lots of room to cook and hang out in the bed.

The side panels are genius and the bed is so much more usable than when I had a tonneau cover on.

I’m still debating what I want to do with the bed. I don’t think I want a permanent build. I think I may install a Cargo Slide or something to make accessing the fridge and other gear easier.

I do plan to put a solar panel on the roof and also wire to the starter battery to keep the aux battery charged in the bed.

Overall, I’m pretty happy. I do have to park facing up an incline when it rains or all of the water drips down on the rear doors. They don’t leak, but the seals do get saturated which is annoying in cold weather.
How do you get in the tent, with a ladder or from inside/underneath?

dyakovly

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Indiana, USA
First Name
Dmytro
Last Name
Yakovlyev
Member #

IMG_3809.JPG
Just started conversion of mine 2016. New tires Scorpion AT plus, next will be 2" lift with Bilstein 5100.

Reactions: Phil Perdue

kiloxraysierra

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kitchener, ON, Canada
First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Sinclair
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3KXS
How do you get in the tent, with a ladder or from inside/underneath?
B151DB41-D6DF-426A-8AB5-AFFB431ED645.jpeg

I use the truck bed to climb up but a side door and ladder is an option. The 3 rear panels can be rearranged with the small ones on either side or to the rear, and it’s the small panels you pop out to climb up.

kiloxraysierra

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kitchener, ON, Canada
First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Sinclair
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3KXS
Looks great I want one of those baaaaad, but production is delayed until 2021 and I also have the Ram Boxes, so it would not work..ughhh.
It would be an awesome combo if they redid the space frame to work with Ram boxes... the flip up sides on the cap are a game changer for accessing the bed - having the Ram box storage there too? I would have been all over that.

haaken675

Rank II

Enthusiast III

fl
First Name
Large
Last Name
J
I love seeing some of these builds. When I had my Ram I searched and searched and it seemed like people actually taking these off road and using them as overland rigs were non existent. That and no options for lockers swayed me to switch to ford, but I do love the way these trucks look.

Maddog74

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Lemoore, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Mattingly
Member #

Does it have a lift kit ? I have an 84 Ram 250 that needs new or lift springs on the front because my 305/70/16's hit the front finder bottom edge when I turn. I haven't found any springs with less than 4" lift and I don't need that much. So what did you do ?
Yea like 2” I’d like to put all spring lift (no blocks ) 4-6 “ to clear 35’s