Launch Member

Advocate I

San Marcos, San Diego County, California, United States
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Briggs
Member #

Hey OB People, so after months of pouring over articles snd YouTube reviews, I decided to pull the trigger on a 2022 Ford Bronco!! I am beyond excited about it. I got in the floor model and it fit like a glove. I got the Badlands Edition, with the Sasquatch package. It tips the scale at 54K. With the price of vehicles and building a trail worthy rig, I thought it was a bargin. Has anyone else taken the plunge on this?

I still have my 91 FJ80 which I love and will never sell. The Bronco is gonna be more for daily driving and overnighters.

Any thoughts on this?

My boys are always eager to help with the photos.

Attachments

AtlasBound

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Washington
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Congratulations. I hope it turns out to be as good or better than advertised. A lot of the YouTube videos make it look pretty impressive thus far.

I probably wouldn't buy a first generation vehicle as I prefer to wait for some bugs to get worked out, but I am glad there are people like you who will. Those who purchase first generation models are the ones who are doing the actual testing of the vehicle and provide direct feedback to the manufacturer. With such an overwhelmingly positive response to the Bronco right now, I look forward to seeing Jeep's response and the innovation this will bring in the market.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Well hopefully it will be August of 2022
We ordered a big bend model with Sasquatch in January. Nothing but excuses so far. It’s for my wife, and she’s ready to cancel the order.

Last edited:

KaneNorth

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Hudson's Hope British Columbia
First Name
Brody
Last Name
Kane
Member #

I ordered one as well. Four door Badlands with Sasquatch package. My dealer got a two door outer banks demo model in and I took it out for test drive a few days ago. Very impressed with it in comparison to my Jeep. Also got my VIN and learned it’s scheduled to be built in mid august.

Reactions: Sparksalot

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

Excellent. I like what I see with the new Bronco and the reviews have been good. I have had good luck with first edition vehicles. I hope you have the same experience.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
reminds me of star wars fans waiting in line for weeks to be the first on opening night....two days after, i walk right in , pay matinee price and have the theatre to myself...:grinning:

1627576861459.png

Last edited:

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

So it looks like we won't get the Bronco in Europe, wich is especially dumb this time...
It's based on the Ranger, sold in Europe.
Ranger Raptor, sold in Europe.
The engines, sold in Europe.
California carb legal, stricter emissions than Europe.
Pedestrian safety... You get the idea...

So I'm eager to see how it performs in the real world, a grey import eats a lot of money and I really would like to know if it's worth it or not.

Reactions: Brewbud

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Congratulations. I hope it turns out to be as good or better than advertised. A lot of the YouTube videos make it look pretty impressive thus far.

I probably wouldn't buy a first generation vehicle as I prefer to wait for some bugs to get worked out, but I am glad there are people like you who will. Those who purchase first generation models are the ones who are doing the actual testing of the vehicle and provide direct feedback to the manufacturer. With such an overwhelmingly positive response to the Bronco right now, I look forward to seeing Jeep's response and the innovation this will bring in the market.
Jeep responded already. They put an 8 cylinder in a Rubicon. Oh, and...they've had the market cornered with no domestic competition since at least the 1990's - longer if you consider the last generations of the Bronco and Blazer were not offroad oriented.

So, to me, Jeep Wrangler is kind of like the Borg. They just go on doing whatever they are doing because they know this puny attack cant shake them and likely wont last.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Not to say I dont like the new Bronco. Love it! But jeep CJ / Wrangler has been at it since 1941, Bronco didnt kick in until the 60's, died with the 90's. From thier perspective, what are the chances this new Bronco will hurt them long term? Sure, a dip in sales the first couple years maybe but will Ford follow through for even the next 30 years? The next 13, even? Or will they pull a GM, and make something everyone is excited about and pull the plug because it didnt absolutely level the competition in the first 3 years? (I'm looking at you, EV1 of the 1999's!)

Reactions: 9Mike2