Hyundai Santa Cruz...

• HTML tutorial

Murphy Slaw

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern Illinois
Member #

My wife is looking at them (AWD) to replace her Jeep Patriot. Just her daily driver, grocery getter, in and out of our hunting cabin, just light duty stuff.

I kinda like it.

She's always wanted an Outback, but they have gone CVT, so that's out.

Now she thinks she needs a truck. Well, sorta !

Never owned a Hyundai, whatchathink?

Attachments

Reactions: grubworm and MazeVX

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
My wife is looking at them (AWD) to replace her Jeep Patriot. Just her daily driver, grocery getter, in and out of our hunting cabin, just light duty stuff.

I kinda like it.

She's always wanted an Outback, but they have gone CVT, so that's out.

Now she thinks she needs a truck. Well, sorta !

Never owned a Hyundai, whatchathink?
My wife had the SantaFe, bought new in 2004. Only issues were the typical maintenance /wear items. We just sold it 3 months ago for $1500, running great with no issues at 383,000 miles. Probable the most reliable and least expensive /mile car we have ever owned.

-Dan

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Have heard good things about Hyundais over the last few years. Check out TFL on YouTube, they have a bunch of Santa Cruz videos and looks like they bought one for a long term test vehicle. Must be something to that as they spend their own money on their long term cars/trucks.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Don't have a Santa Cruz, but my wife has a 2014 Hyundai Veloster. She bought it used with 30k on it, and it just rolled over 100k last month. She's had ZERO trips to the shop to fix anything. She's also really good about keeping up on the maintenance. This is her second Hyundai, and the first one made it to about 235k before it started having transmission issues (I don't think she ever had the fluid changed on that car).

I know some of the newer engines have some major failure points.

As cool as it is to be an early adopter of a somewhat unique vehicle, I firmly believe it's always a good idea to wait a few years until manufacturers work out the bugs. Especially with covid and the chip shortages wreaking havoc on supply lines right now.

Reactions: Ubiety

Murphy Slaw

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern Illinois
Member #

As cool as it is to be an early adopter of a somewhat unique vehicle, I firmly believe it's always a good idea to wait a few years until manufacturers work out the bugs. Especially with covid and the chip shortages wreaking havoc on supply lines right now.
It's my wife.

She's probably already changed her mind...

• Haha
Reactions: Ubiety