First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Hello All,

I'm currently starting my baseline investigation for a possible trip to the Eastern Forests of the LP of Michigan. I should note I was in Huron NF last October but I was only there for a day so I didn't explore much more than one specific trail that I had scoped out. That said does anyone have favorite areas or trails that are must sees/dos? Also I totally understand if you don't want to share a publicly. I'm more than happy to speak via DMs. As for current areas of interest that would be the Forests near Roscommon and just north of Huron NF.

MI Overland

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Michigan, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Holmden
Member #

I’ve been looking as well in the LP for good areas to explore. Are you from MI? I’m newer to the Overland scene and looking for others in MI to maybe link up with and adventure out and plan some trips. I would like to hopefully find some like minded people and possibly plan a BIG overland trip in a year or two.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
No I'm down in SW Ohio near Cincinnati. I've been to MI several times but only once on a true overland trip. That being said it's not an egregious drive for me to the middle of the LP for a long weekend trip. If you ever put something together I'd likely have a few people & rigs willing to come up that way. I've mainly stuck around KY and IN for my travels in overlanding, but recently expanded to WV and soon TN, NC & SC.