Rank II

Member I

Charlotte, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Pate
Member #

I've trip everything stop getting these but I keep getting notified when someone post on the new members thread. I've turned everything off in settings and still I keep getting them. Anyone know a secret to turn these off? Thanks for any help

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
I've trip everything stop getting these but I keep getting notified when someone post on the new members thread. I've turned everything off in settings and still I keep getting them. Anyone know a secret to turn these off? Thanks for any help
Usually turning off notifications will work, you can also stop watching the thread. To do this go to the thread, there should be an "eye" icon the is highlighted, click it so its just an outline and youll no longer watch the thread, which means no more notifications.

Reactions: Cat_Daddy91

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

I have this same issue. We shouldn’t have to stop watching a thread to stop getting emails after we’ve turned off the email notification toggle in the settings.

I mentioned this issue (along with a glitch I was experiencing) to support, and was told it would be mentioned to the dev team.

From what I’ve seen on here, @Michael and the OBO team are continually staying on top of app issues - which is great!

Reactions: Cat_Daddy91

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
When you "Watch" a thread you can select to get emails or not, also you can go back and change your selection at anytime:
This box should pop up upon clicking the "Watch" box;
1677116501142.png

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

This does not happen in the app (at least not android) only in the web browser version.
Right but he did not say it was in the app.......

Jim
I only exclusively use the app with Overland Bound (never on the web), and there’s no deeper options through the app to eliminate getting emails on top of the app notifications - only just a toggle to note that I don’t want any email notifications.

Attachments

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Ok was finally able to duplicate, raising this up for more help.....
@Michael

Jim
Thank you!
We’ll dig! According to your setting you should not get emails. You should get some notifications. One thing to note: if your web preferences are set to, “automatically watch threads I start” or any combination, you will get alerts and push notes. It is a limitation of the app currently that not all settings are represented. Not saying that’s the issue, just a note.

Reactions: JaredThomsen

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

@Michael

Jim
Thank you!
We’ll dig! According to your setting you should not get emails. You should get some notifications. One thing to note: if your web preferences are set to, “automatically watch threads I start” or any combination, you will get alerts and push notes. It is a limitation of the app currently that not all settings are represented. Not saying that’s the issue, just a note.
Thank you @Michael ! I do get regular app notifications (even ones I’ve toggled off - such as when someone reacts with a “like” which may be another thing to check on), but get lots of email notifications every day too. Sounds like I’ll have to log in on the web to manage some of this then?

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@Michael

Jim
Thank you!
Thank you @Michael ! I do get regular app notifications (even ones I’ve toggled off - such as when someone reacts with a “like” which may be another thing to check on), but get lots of email notifications every day too. Sounds like I’ll have to log in on the web to manage some of this then?
Hi Jared, yes, if you log onto the Web and go to preferences in your user menu, you should be able to turn everything off. We also made some progress today on the code side. We found that there were conflicts between the app and the web that prevented notification settings from being correct. those improvements will roll out next week. We are also looking into expanding the settings in the app to be in parallel with Mobile. That’s a longer term improvement but not a big lift.

Thank you for bringing this all to our attention! We’ll get it sorted.

M