Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rox Park Colorado
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Kilby
Member #

Me too! Me too! Got my call sign / license last week, and Midland MXT275 with a pair of XTalks as well. WRNF641.
Doing my lockdown part, so I've only played with the radios in the neighborhood with my kids.

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Wabbit

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Somewhere out yonder
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Bru
Member #

Excellent write up, just applied! Already have a set of Midland MXT 115s (one in the rig and the other as a base) as well as a set of FRS/walkies that they can talk to. Next up will be the HAM.

Reactions: MBroenkow

Thirstybear

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

New Braunfels, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Wenger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF6UCH
Excellent - thanks for the clarity. I noticed you are in Brentwood. I spent my working career in Palo Alto while living in San Jose area. Sorry to say I don't miss the traffic and cost of living there. Cheers -

Reactions: sakiwest

Trailjeeper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Whetstone, AZ, USA
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Cashman
Member #

I just received my Midland MXT 115, and applied and paid for the license. Hope to have call sign soon. Hardest part will be to decide how to mount it. I'm keeping the old cb, but am new to the grms crowd. looking forward to it. Ham, some day down the road.

SS308

Rank V

Advocate I

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7QFH
Service Branch
USMC
Holy Crap! It was easier getting my Security Clearance than messing with this...:flushed:

OffroadRD-1

Rank I

Contributor III

Olympia,WA
First Name
Don
Last Name
Headley
So, I just went through the hoops getting my ULS, FRN and so forth today (5-13-21). Got to the fee page and guess what?? It's still $70.00 for a GMRS license. I guess I'll just wait a month and check back.