Rank I

Enthusiast I

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Lauj
Here's the coordinates of the start: 47.29592, -91.30870
Has anyone been to this trail? Is it 4x4 overland legal? While hiking to the Bean Lake through the Superior Hiking Trail last year, I accidentally stumbled onto this trail and it looked big enough to fit a 4x4 but that doesn't mean anything if it's only rated for ATV and not 4x4 SUV legal. My plan is to drive to the lake then probably hike up the mountain to one of the overlooks.
This is what Gaia GPS map show.
superior-hiking-trail-GaiaGPS.png

This is what Google Map show.
superior-hiking-trail-googlemap.png

Charlielj

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Lauj
I was doing some more digging and came across the MN DNR page regarding the Red Dot Trail. On this page, under the "Vehicles allowed", it says "class II allowed." Does this mean off-road vehicle (ORV) are allowed? I clicked on the "vehicle definitions" but I'm still confused.

DRAX

Rank V

Advocate I

Monticello, IL
First Name
Hogan
Last Name
Whittall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DRX
I was doing some more digging and came across the MN DNR page regarding the Red Dot Trail. On this page, under the "Vehicles allowed", it says "class II allowed." Does this mean off-road vehicle (ORV) are allowed? I clicked on the "vehicle definitions" but I'm still confused.
There's a link to vehicle definitions on that page, basically class I are quads and class II are SxS with a maximum width of 65 inches. During the winter it's snowmobiles only.