Launch Member

Advocate II

Ohio
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
King
Member #

When looking at used Lan Cruisers, Tacoma's, XTerra's and such; I see a ton of them that are <$5K and in the 120-200K mile range. Obviously, when looking at used the first rule is to pay attention to how well it was cared for previously. But, is there a point in which just general age of components and wear and tear become a major issue?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Depends on the rig. If it's a Toyota or Nissan 200k is about the top of my comfort zone. Even after that your need to do some serious baseline maintenance on It .

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Montanarally

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Flathead Valley, Montana, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Browning
Member #

With most cars past a 100k I rarely look at it because I know I put a lot of miles on my stuff so I try to start low. That being said norm if it's a landcruiser I don't pay attention to mileage just maintenance. I have had just about every series state side (still need a 70 series 45 and a icon) but most of my cruiser where baught used with low miles and sold to family members or friends with a high miles
My 100 series has over 230 k still running strong basic maintenance and one ring and pinion
80series basic maintenance and few oddball stuff mostly due to the fact I've had 38s and 40 inch tires on the truck for the last 75k and is has over 365k on the org motors

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk