Spring Creek, Elko County, Nevada, United States
First Name
Chance
Last Name
Ellis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7JIF
How are the trails in the southern Idaho region? I am planning a run on the 15th. I know the rain has been washing out most of Northern Nevada.
I am planning on going up from Jackpot over to Murphy hot springs. After that up to Anderson reservoir then maybe to Lowman.

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
How are the trails in the southern Idaho region? I am planning a run on the 15th. I know the rain has been washing out most of Northern Nevada.
I am planning on going up from Jackpot over to Murphy hot springs. After that up to Anderson reservoir then maybe to Lowman.
Im not 100% sure as im not there. Im out in east ID and we have been getting pounded but trails are still mostly passable. The high desert may be a much different story.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
@David H is our Local Expert in Southern ID he should be able to get you some information.

@PapaDave was just down there with his Northern ID group he might have some info.

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Our trip was on the Magruder Corridor, which is east of Grangeville ID, and we did have heavy rains, but the soil there is pretty sandy, it soaked up the water almost instantly. The weather had no impact on the trails just on how wet we were :-)

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
Hey Chance,

South western Idaho has been pretty dry lately so you should be ok trail wise. Even if it rains, it's so dry that it absorbs or runs off pretty quickly. Near Oregon the soil turns into a slimy mess with even a small bit of rain, but it does get rid of the inches of dust that is always on the trails... I'm planning on heading out with S/W Idaho Overlanding (and others) to head from S/E Oregon on the 23'rd for a two day trek eastward to help make a west to east overland trail route.

Last edited:

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
Our trip was on the Magruder Corridor, which is east of Grangeville ID, and we did have heavy rains, but the soil there is pretty sandy, it soaked up the water almost instantly. The weather had no impact on the trails just on how wet we were :-)
Hey Dave,
How was the Magruder trail for you? We did the ID BDR at the end of July, but I got sick and had to return to Boise after Grangeville. The rest of the group made it to Canada though and had a great time. I'm planning on giving it another go next year, so maybe I can drop in a say hello... :-)

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey Dave,
How was the Magruder trail for you? We did the ID BDR at the end of July, but I got sick and had to return to Boise after Grangeville. The rest of the group made it to Canada though and had a great time. I'm planning on giving it another go next year, so maybe I can drop in a say hello... :-)
It was a great trip! We had a blast. The route is gorgeous