Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I see so many rigs on the roads around here, curious how many of you are in here. I’m up in the woodlands and I’m sure you’ve seen “Blue” around.
You might use the map to send member in your area a message, you can also set up a rally point to get some interest to meet up.
If you need any assistance message me @Kent R

CaliArmyMan

Rank 0

Contributor II

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Wyatt
Last Name
Chock
I see so many rigs on the roads around here, curious how many of you are in here. I’m up in the woodlands and I’m sure you’ve seen “Blue” around.
I live in Louisiana near ft Polk. But I'm in Houston often, especially in the Sam Houston forest. On a camping trip this weekend with a group on meet up at double lake. I'm down to go camping anytime!

Attachments

Reactions: RAPTR6

RAPTR6

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Houston, TX
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Gavin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Overwatch
Service Branch
Army
Hell yeah man, get after it!

EricGinTX

Rank I

Contributor III

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Ginth
New guy here from the southeast side Pasadena area. I'm just beginning my research into building my F250 into an overlanding rig. I dig your setup. Is that a motorcycle tire I see poking out on the back? I'm brainstorming ideas on how to carry my DRZ with me. I have a hitch rack, but it rides pretty low. Was thinking about building some sort of swing out rack attached to the top of the bumper to get the bike higher off the ground.

EricGinTX

Rank I

Contributor III

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Ginth
I bought this the other day to build off of. Only paid $400 for it and it's pretty solid. Plan to cut the roof out, add a steel inner frame and do a wedge top like a go fast camper kinda thing....

Attachments

RAPTR6

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Houston, TX
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Gavin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Overwatch
Service Branch
Army
I mean if you have a fab guy you could get a dual swing out bumper without the arms and make a higher rack.

RAPTR6

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Houston, TX
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Gavin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Overwatch
Service Branch
Army
I appreciate it, we’ll talk next time.

Grantnr

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Leon, TX, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Grant
Member #

Digging up bones here, been a few years since I was active but does anyone know if the Beaumont area group is still active? There also used to be a houston crew but they normally just explored the pubs, but like I said, it's been a minute. Coming out of Kemah area and just snooping for interest in terms of TX, AR, LA trips.

Reactions: roots66

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Digging up bones here, been a few years since I was active but does anyone know if the Beaumont area group is still active? There also used to be a houston crew but they normally just explored the pubs, but like I said, it's been a minute. Coming out of Kemah area and just snooping for interest in terms of TX, AR, LA trips.
As far as I know, the Houston area only has this meetup here: Recurring Bryan College Station Meet-up
If you discover another, please let me know so I can add it to the greetings.

Grantnr

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Leon, TX, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Grant
Member #

As far as I know, the Houston area only has this meetup here: Recurring Bryan College Station Meet-up
The meetups I went to with both were back in 2019. And the only wheeling I did with this forum was actually in colorado, but that also was with a local from there. Is there any trips made outside of the meet up? HF, Hill country, big bend, etc?

Reactions: roots66

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
The meetups I went to with both were back in 2019. And the only wheeling I did with this forum was actually in colorado, but that also was with a local from there. Is there any trips made outside of the meet up? HF, Hill country, big bend, etc?
I can't speak for Houston, but the two meets in the Austin area do have trips at various times. We just did the Hill Country route and Hidden Falls a couple months back. PINS is also one we do now and then.

I'll send you links to the Austin and San Antonio meets when I get home.

Reactions: Grantnr

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch