migx333

Rank 0

Contributor I

California
First Name
Miguel
Last Name
E
While this virus is going around I want to create a list of hotsprings around America

Anyone know where I could even start with this project?

Contributor I

Lake Forest Ca
First Name
mark
Last Name
guithues
Member #

There is a series of hot springs outside of Mammoth Lakes CA. I want to aim for those in the same swoop as the Alabama Hills. Waiting for it to be warmer, oh and for the covid to let me travel. What i don't have is coordinates. Just planting a seed.

Reactions: withlovefromNV

obchristo

Rank II

Enthusiast III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Christo
Last Name
Kuzmich

MrChris

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Port Hueneme, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
March
Member #

Service Branch
Army Airborne Ranger
Once this COVID-19 finishes its run, I'd like to run around the Mammoth Lakes area for hot springs...Alabama Hills are in the area, too! :D

Stepsride

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Palm Harbor FL
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Stepkoski
Member #

I am going to bend the rules a bit. It is hot in Florida so we have cool (72 degrees) springs all over. My favorite is Rainbow River.

jmsuitter

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Paso TX
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Suitter
Member #

I'd love to find some great hot springs especially hidden or all natural ones. Let the searching begin. only one I've been to is in the Gila National Forest

X5 Overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Upthegrove
Member #

This is such a great idea! Would love to see this list and potentially curate a "Hot Springs Roadtrip West". A roadmap for all the overlanders who love to soak, haha!
- Kassaundra @ X5 Overland

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

BC , I'll list with photos as many as I can, right here.

Starting with the Nakusp Hot Springs right where I live.

Complete with a Canadian Mountain Holidays Heliskiing chopper flying past.

001 Nakusp.jpg

Next 30 minutes from home. 15 minutes on highway, 15 minutes on forestry road.
Halfway Hot Springs, wild, zero facilities.

002 Halfway.jpg

Halcyon Hot Springs, 5 more minutes on the highway, full service resort, fine dining and massage and every other resort expectation.

008 Halcyon.jpg

A meal in the King Fisher Dining Room at Halcyon.
When I overland, I'll do the remote thing for a few days, then spoil myself with an evening out.

008 King Fisher.jpg

My favourite, Canyon Hot Springs, east of Revelstoke.

003 Canyon.jpg

And one of BCs oldest "commercial" hot springs, discovered in 1841, Radium Hot Springs.
Noted for its "Radium" and the miracles it can perform with cancer patients.

004 Raduim.jpg

Heres an old photo, 1950s? from when you could soak in the creek before safety ninnies had their way.... that would be the creek on the left, the one on the right is ice cold.

12742515_690309694405322_6911855515728245067_n.jpeg

Radium also has a cold, competitive pool. It was exhilarating to run between them in the winter.

12662423_689911417778483_6160780950051922009_n.jpg

And Fairmont Hot Springs, with 2 championship 18 hole golf courses, a ski hill and an airport.
They cater to a different crowd. More time share condos here than anywhere else.

F.H.R-Moynes-282.jpg

Lussier Hot Springs in White Swan Provincial Park.
Wild but with a change room.

Lussier is a series of pools, starting too hot and working down the slope to dump into the ICE COLD river. The rocks move around every winter and every few years the locals go rearrange them.

lussier-hot-springs-parc-whiteswan-lake.jpg

Ainsworth Hot Springs, hot springs in a cave. Now owned by the local Indian Band, they are spectacular. Be sure to visit the museum, store by the parking lot entrance.

Ainsworth Caves.jpg

The BC Kootenays are spectacular. I plan to stay close to home this year and see all the hot springs this fall. Eight hot springs, on a circle tour.

Last edited:

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Liard Hot Springs, Northern BC on route to Alaska, the Yukon, the Dempster.

dsc_0193_0.jpg

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

There are several areas of Colorado that have some very special hot springs. Two of my favorites Ouray public hots springs pool. And Mnt Princeton Hot springs resort. There is another on my bucket list, Pagosa springs Co. While we were raising our family we would make a yearly December trip to Glenwood Springs. It's a very nice place.