Hot Plate VS induction cooktop

• HTML tutorial

Nomad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

I dont own an induction cooktop but do have a hot plate and it uses 600 watts to run and It works just fine with my 1000 watt inverter and it works well for me I don't have to have any special pots or anything.
So anyone else using just a hot plate instead of an induction cooktop has anyone had the glass top brake on em?
hotplate.png

Reactions: grubworm

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I dont own an induction cooktop but do have a hot plate and it uses 600 watts to run and It works just fine with my 1000 watt inverter and it works well for me I don't have to have any special pots or anything.
So anyone else using just a hot plate instead of an induction cooktop has anyone had the glass top brake on em?
View attachment 285559
good point about the glass top on an induction...
we use an induction, BUT we only use it on trips where we take one of the camp trailers and it will be protected pretty well. when we go desert camping out of the back of the pick up, we take a propane stove that can take some abuse. im sure i could make a special protective box for it or even find a pelican type case for it, but since we already have several propane stoves, might as well just use them on the rougher trips...but yeah, the glass top would be something to consider when taking it on trips. i havent used an old school hot plate since back in the 80s, but they are pretty durable and might be more robust than an induction burner. at least the induction is a lot easier to clean after you have a boil over...

someone needs to get an induction burner and drop test it and let us know the results... @Dave in AZ ? :grinning: