Hooked on adventure!

• HTML tutorial

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

DSCN1615 (1024x768).jpg DSCN1602 (1024x768).jpg I started wheeling when we bought my son a Jeep Cherokee for his first car. Went camping with my son-in-law in the Cherokee and was pleasantly surprised at how well it did trails. So I had to get one of my own. 5 yrs. later I have been yearning for multiday adventures. our first one was taking the RimRocker trail to Moab. It really was a great experience. one that I would love to repeat with a little more planning. I have been working on a over landing trailer for a year and a half or so. I really like the idea of not having to pack my rig like I'm playing tetras every time I want to go on a journey.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chadlyb

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

I started wheeling when we bought my son a Jeep Cherokee for his first car. Went camping with my son-in-law in the Cherokee and was pleasantly surprised at how well it did trails. So I had to get one of my own. 5 yrs. later I have been yearning for multiday adventures. our first one was taking the RimRocker trail to Moab. It really was a great experience. one that I would love to repeat with a little more planning. I have been working on a over landing trailer for a year and a half or so. I really like the idea of not having to pack my rig like I'm playing tetras every time I want to go on a journey.
Hello JDGreens and welcome to OB! Nice looking Cherokee! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I started wheeling when we bought my son a Jeep Cherokee for his first car. Went camping with my son-in-law in the Cherokee and was pleasantly surprised at how well it did trails. So I had to get one of my own. 5 yrs. later I have been yearning for multiday adventures. our first one was taking the RimRocker trail to Moab. It really was a great experience. one that I would love to repeat with a little more planning. I have been working on a over landing trailer for a year and a half or so. I really like the idea of not having to pack my rig like I'm playing tetras every time I want to go on a journey.
Hello JDgreens and welcome to the OB crew ...nice jeep and set up...I think we are blessed to have the adventure offerings that we have here...

Last edited:

Juggernaut

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chino Ca
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Hart
Member #

Welcome!

IdahoGrizz

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Buhl, ID
Member #

Yep, I spend all the time I can on the backroads and trails. Something is new over every hill, around every corner. Should I go right or left at this intersection? I hate to miss anything. "Adventure is necessary."

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

DSCN1786 (1024x768).jpg DSCN1744 (768x1024).jpg Yeah, this summer has been a blast. We have been all over the state and the one trip to Moab (mainly to see the Arches Nat. Park. I have yet to do any solo wheeling but look forward to doing weekends all over Colorado. We got the chance to run trails over some of the high mountain passes this year. But really the highlight of the season was when we took the RimRocker trail. (next time we do that we will take our kayaks so that we can camp right at the lake by the Utah/Colorado boarder. and also do some floating down the canyon just outside Moab.
1rst photo Mirror Lake along the trails near Tincup and St Elmo
2nd photo Park Avenue trail sunrise (Arches Nat. Park)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy P and Chadlyb

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Yep, I spend all the time I can on the backroads and trails. Something is new over every hill, around every corner. Should I go right or left at this intersection? I hate to miss anything. "Adventure is necessary."
Some day I would like to go up and explore Idaho.