Hollister Hills 2.11.17

• HTML tutorial

VDawg1115

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Oakland, CA
Member #

Never been to hollister hills, are there parts that would be less muddy? No winch, and I don't want to get stuck

Sent from my SCH-I545 using OB Talk mobile app
I don't know honestly. It had a chance to dry up some when we were there. The trails themselves were okay, but if you're going this coming weekend then the mud will be fresh still.

Jelorian

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area, CA
Member #

Thanks, you need to join us one day. The extra long wheelbase is no excuse.....we had a Silverado with us.
Indeed. I will come join you guys first chance I get. It's not the long wheelbase it's finding the time...hahaha...

Do you post up any sort of invite for these runs? I can't join you guys if I don't know about them! LOL!

Reactions: VDawg1115

VDawg1115

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Oakland, CA
Member #

Indeed. I will come join you guys first chance I get. It's not the long wheelbase it's finding the time...hahaha...

Do you post up any sort of invite for these runs? I can't join you guys if I don't know about them! LOL!
Usually do. As you can see, this run was very last minute though

macr88

Rank VI
Launch Member

Protector II

Emmett, ID, USA
First Name
Mac
Last Name
Raslan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7TLH or GMRS WRBM678
Service Branch
Sweet District II
Type of tires will say more than lift. There was a stock Chevy Colorado running the trails that day
That was me in the Colorado.
Joined this forum late last week!
I hate going alone but my buddy had to bail so it ended up being a mellow day to avoid getting stuck.
I believe I backed up one of the trails that leads to the top so you guys could pass?

I have a terrible memory but to thank the guy with the dog for the chat. I think this was right before the rest of the group showed up? Awesome dog :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MrsFantastico

MrsFantastico

Rank V
Staff member
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

That was me in the Colorado.
Joined this forum late last week!
I hate going alone but my buddy had to bail so it ended up being a mellow day to avoid getting stuck.
I believe I backed up one of the trails that leads to the top so you guys could pass?

I have a terrible memory but to thank the guy with the dog for the chat. I think this was right before the rest of the group showed up? Awesome dog :)

Welcome man! That was @maktruck with his pup Copper. Glad you found your way over here. Keep an eye out for upcoming trips to join!

Sent from my SM-G928P using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: macr88

macr88

Rank VI
Launch Member

Protector II

Emmett, ID, USA
First Name
Mac
Last Name
Raslan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7TLH or GMRS WRBM678
Service Branch
Sweet District II
Welcome!! Yes, that is you in the beginning. Glad you found us and hope to see you on the trails soon

I'm sure we'll see each other again sometime.

Meta6981

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

I'm sort of a new OB member. Recently picked up a 4th gen 4runner, and plan to go to Hollister. Will I be fine on most obstacles? Also, will you have another meet up?
Welcome! Hollister has a nice range of courses. I would say stock with reasonable clearance will be fine on most trails. I would stay clear of the blacks on a mostly stock rig. Sometimes flash trips happen by word of mouth so just keep an ear out.

Sent from my SM-G900P using OB Talk mobile app

Influencer II

Welcome! Hollister has a nice range of courses. I would say stock with reasonable clearance will be fine on most trails. I would stay clear of the blacks on a mostly stock rig. Sometimes flash trips happen by word of mouth so just keep an ear out.

Sent from my SM-G900P using OB Talk mobile app
Thanks for the welcome!

Good to know, i'll definitely stay out of blacks then. I will watch out for a thread then. Thanks!

Reactions: Meta6981