Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

So the newer air pumps like one from a Morflate uses a high flow compressors. So I'm looking a high flow schrader valve. Any luck to find?

kunstmilch

Rank V

Advocate II

Pomona, CA, USA
First Name
Erich
Last Name
Wise
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS call sign: WRFL229
There are a few aftermarket solutions out there, still undergoing overlanding testing at this point. However, Schrader introduced at 10mm (as opposed to 8mm) core in 1994 and you could add that to your rim.

I wouldn't replace the OEM Schrader as much as add a second as I dont think the 10mm (I could be wrong) fits with the same equipment as the 8. So better to have both. If I were you I'd contact Schrader and ask.

Pro of having 2 schraders? one is you can keep a pressure check live while inflating and deflating. Con is more can go wrong lol.

One of the aftermarket style I was referring to...

Another way to go would be something like this...

not affiliated with any of these.

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

So really what is needed to have valve open more then the standard when you are applying chuck. The problem current design will not open enough to push a air thru it even at gas stations. That is number one killer of the pump even you have ARB one. So really you have to buy 4 tires infallible kit to avoid overheating at your compressor. I burn one already.