Hi all, Just joined the group and hoping to get involved.

• HTML tutorial

BruteFinesse

Rank I

Contributor I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Wade
Last Name
Gauthier
Member #

My name is Wade and I live in the Vancouver WA area. People in the area recognize the Black WJ I drive. I also have an AEV Brute DoubleCab (Silver and Black). Any questions, feel free to reach out.20210308_155011.jpg20200130_155759.jpg

Reactions: MeliMK and Shahn

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello Wade, Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @jcgraves3 is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Shahn

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Reactions: BruteFinesse

BruteFinesse

Rank I

Contributor I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Wade
Last Name
Gauthier
Member #

The Brute is cool and all, but what can you tell us about the WJ? I'm a big fan and been building on one myself.
GauthWJ: My black 04WJ was first built in 2013 and has been through various iterations since. It now has custom front and rear axles built by East Coast Gear Supply. The rear is a Dana 60 built with JK outers and ARB Lockers. The front is a HP44 with 32 spline RCV shafts and an ARB Locker and PCI Hydro Assist connected to a Barns billet aluminum tie rod. Both have 4.88 gears, JK big brake kits (13” front and 12.5 rear), and are built to take a beating. In the Picture the WJ is at 8” of lift but currently has 6.5 (performs better) on 35s. The suspension is IRO Rock Link with FOX Factory series remote res shocks and a IRO skid plate. The exhaust is custom and I just replaced the engine trans and transfer case with new or reman. A company called Fast Specialties did the work. The Engine is still a 4.7 HO but now has all the latest upgraded components. It was installed about 3 months ago. The Trans is a normal 545rfe with a shift kit. The Transfer case is a 242HD (made for V8 Grands) with a slip yoke eliminator. The driveshafts are IRO custom and the entire drivetrain has about 3000 miles or less on the different components. It has a rear bumper with a tire carrier built by Proto Fab in Arizona and the front is ARB. It has two Viair 480C compressors the feed into a 2.5-gallon tank that maintains 200 psi before being regulated down. It will air up tires fast, run air tools, or blow up air mattresses. Track bar and drop are IRO and there is a lot that I didn't mention There is a lot going on with that WJ. It is one of the best-built most capable most have ever seen.

Reactions: MrWilsonWJ

BruteFinesse

Rank I

Contributor I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Wade
Last Name
Gauthier
Member #

I have an extra 242HD transfer case with the Iron Rock Off-road SYE kit installed. If you know anyone with a V8 WJ that needs one.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Sounds like a pretty good set up, mines not there yet but someday. How much you want for the T case? I've already swapped mine to the 242hd but will need to do the SYE here shortly when I go up in lift.

BruteFinesse

Rank I

Contributor I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Wade
Last Name
Gauthier
Member #

Sounds like a pretty good set up, mines not there yet but someday. How much you want for the T case? I've already swapped mine to the 242hd but will need to do the SYE here shortly when I go up in the lift.
The 242HD has been rebuilt. Borgwarner chain, timkin barings ect. So it is $1200.