mikester

Rank 0

Contributor II

Dallas, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McComb
I'll briefly reintroduce myself first, I'm Mike and I live full time in my 2023 Ram 1500 Classic 5.7L (5'7" bed / crew cab). I like to ask for input on how others have gone about specing out their rigs that doesn't alter the interior. I simply want the inside to be fully useable and not have to put a shell on the bed. I for the most part don't sleep more than 5 hours a day so living in my truck isn't a hard feat. I have looked into installing a DECKED storage system and their toolbox as I am a mechanic and keep tools with me. My biggest concern is having a discreet way to charge my things when my truck is running that's not inside the cab and out of the weather, so I don't have to charge things inside work. As well as having a place to put fragile items and things like clothes or snacks that won't be affected by weather. I do frequently go off-roading and venturing with my truck but plan to get a Ram TRX in the next year and a half so putting lots of money and altering this truck is not something I want to do. Even the DECKED system and box are transferrable into the TRX. I currently crack my windows and use batteries with my dewalt fan for airflow, along with pelican cases in the truck bed for my clothes and dirty laundry. luckily laundry isn't a huge concern as I always wear work clothing, and they have it cleaned weekly.