• HTML tutorial

quadabaum

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Georgia USA
Member #

All who enter, thank you.

I am planning a 10 day trip to Montana to pick up my GFC and explore a little of what the West has to offer (I have never been this far West). I am looking for some routes to take from Belgrade, Montana down to the Grand Canyon with primitive camping (free if possible). I will be in a 2017 Tacoma OffRoad and will have a 2004 4Runner with me. I run Gaia gps but I have never preroute my own trip before, especially one of this magnitude. I would like to put scenery and pleasant primitive (away from everyone) campsites at the top of the priorities with as much dirt under the tires as I can fit in. We were planning to go through Moab to check it out since we are going through Utah but I am willing to make changes based of recommended routes. Here is the current plan, with no routes mapped out yet.

Fri Oct 26th: Leave after work, hoping to get somewhere in TN and sleep.
Sat Oct 27th: Drive a long ways, shooting for an 800 mile day.
Sun Oct 28th: Shooting for another 800 mile day.
Mon Oct 29th: Arrive at GFC to install at some point, find a place to camp, hopefully can make it to yellowstone after install or head to Moab.
Tue Oct 30th: Look around yellowstone and make our way to Moab.
Wed Oct 31st: Ride Moab
Thu Nov 1st: Ride Moab
Fri Nov 2nd: Make our way to the grand canyon to sleep
Sat Nov 3rd: Ride around grand canyon, head home, late night driving
Sun Nov 4th: Driving home
Mon Nov 5th: Arrive home at some point

Any help is appreciated, tips on how to find routes on google satellite images and etc. If anyone has a route to share that would be great.