Contributor I

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Solvejg
Last Name
Rockliffe
IMG_6466.JPG
Hello,

i have lived most of my life in Spokane have always enjoyed exploring the outdoors, and in between life, I have backpacked,hiked, car camped with my now grown children of 5, enjoy meeting interesting people, love animals,nature,.. so when I recieved my xterra just over a month ago ,(i have not named her yet) she is my first rig that I have personally owned that is mine, most of my life I have happly just been a co-pilot ,which I still enjoy but,after my very first time behind the wheel exploring gently around st. Maries and Avery I fell in love with able to see more of our beautiful N.W. ... I would love to meet others nearby and learn more.. especially places I can drive near Spokane so I can get more confidence in her and I and enjoy our beautiful pacific North West..
and would love to meet others,

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Welcome from So.Cal. Before you kit out your rig, play with it and see what you need instead of want.

sunnypath

Rank 0

Contributor I

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Solvejg
Last Name
Rockliffe
Welcome from So.Cal. Before you kit out your rig, play with it and see what you need instead of want.
thank you, both for the welcome,and advice,
I agree, my husband has his jeep pretty much outfitted for us be safe, ,he is no stranger to four wheeling or camping, but we have not done it for awhile and need to still learn a lot !
he wants to add a small lift to it to fit new tires, two inch-one and half, to keep it level, i told him I would like to help, if not do most with guidance, since take care of her ,I feel i should really know my rig, like all of her, .. the only thing I want to add later would my own wench, and probably rock sliders , bumpers, but that is pobably a couple years down the road,right now, I need to find a way to store items so they do not slide around, she has built in rails in the floor, I am hoping to find a way to build a rack/storage that I can incorporate.. the few options that I can find do not really work and cost more than I want to spend.. at this time, I would love to find roads and people nearby to enjoy and get more off-road experience ..

sunnypath

Rank 0

Contributor I

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Solvejg
Last Name
Rockliffe
..by the way, watched some of the video adventures from Lifestyle Overlanding (also the reason I found this wonderful group ! thanks Kevin!).. you have some beautiful areas near you!!

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Good for you! I have a love hate working on my rig. I have used those big bungie things to hold down loads, they have 6 or 8 hooks and a spider web kinda set up. I have carbines to hook the bungies to.