Rank II

Contributor III

Sequim, WA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Gordon
Member #

We are new members, Mark and Linda Gordon. We live on the Olympic Peninsula in the State of WA.. in Clallam County.

Although I have owned a number of different types of “off-road-4WD” vehicles since I was 19 and have been in the back-country many, many times, I obsoletely do consider myself a novice. My wife Linda of 18 years never enjoyed getting out into nature and camping or exploring until we were married and I introduced her to what fun experiences she could have.

Currently, we do not have an Overlanding vehicle capable of the type of Overlanding we wish to do in retirement. However, we have ordered a 2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon that should be delivered in November 2022. So we do not have a picture, yet. (smile).

We have not decided on a name for our Jeep Gladiator, nor a name for our Social Media posts. We do, however, have a number of really cool names on a long list.

We became members of the Overland Bound community because we liked your philosophy of what it means to be an Overlander and felt this would be a great group of people to become acquainted and associated with.

While we are very young of heart, and spirit, and always ready for adventure, we are also past being considered even middle-aged (smile). We are looking for a group(s) that we can learn from and enjoy the Overlanding lifestyle.

Peace and Cheers

Mark and Linda

kunstmilch

Rank V

Advocate II

Pomona, CA, USA
First Name
Erich
Last Name
Wise
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS call sign: WRFL229
We are new members, Mark and Linda Gordon. We live on the Olympic Peninsula in the State of WA.. in Clallam County.

Although I have owned a number of different types of “off-road-4WD” vehicles since I was 19 and have been in the back-country many, many times, I obsoletely do consider myself a novice. My wife Linda of 18 years never enjoyed getting out into nature and camping or exploring until we were married and I introduced her to what fun experiences she could have.

Currently, we do not have an Overlanding vehicle capable of the type of Overlanding we wish to do in retirement. However, we have ordered a 2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon that should be delivered in November 2022. So we do not have a picture, yet. (smile).

We have not decided on a name for our Jeep Gladiator, nor a name for our Social Media posts. We do, however, have a number of really cool names on a long list.

We became members of the Overland Bound community because we liked your philosophy of what it means to be an Overlander and felt this would be a great group of people to become acquainted and associated with.

While we are very young of heart, and spirit, and always ready for adventure, we are also past being considered even middle-aged (smile). We are looking for a group(s) that we can learn from and enjoy the Overlanding lifestyle.

Peace and Cheers

Mark and Linda
Welcome to both of you! LOTS of resources here, have fun and looking forward to the pics of your Gladiator when it arrives!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

Peace and Cheers

Mark and Linda
Hello Mark and Linda, Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director. @OTH Overland is your closest member representative.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Peace and Cheers

Mark and Linda
Welcome To Overland Bound Mark and Linda
The Gladiator is a great platform, have fun with the build.
@M Rose is the Regional Director who can get you in touch with a Member Representative for local information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Mark and Linda Gordon

Rank II

Contributor III

Sequim, WA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Gordon
Member #

Hello Mark and Linda, Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director. @OTH Overland is your closest member representative.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound
Thank you, Mike. We appreciate all the information, and all the welcomes we have received, and looking forward to meeting other members in a few months.

Reactions: M Rose

Mark and Linda Gordon

Rank II

Contributor III

Sequim, WA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Gordon
Member #

Welcome To Overland Bound Mark and Linda
The Gladiator is a great platform, have fun with the build.
@M Rose is the Regional Director who can get you in touch with a Member Representative for local information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Thank you, Kent. We will certainly read and learn as much as we can about Overlanding and protecting our resources for every generation to come to enjoy. Thank you for the invitation to connect with you.

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR

Peace and Cheers

Mark and Linda
Welcome Mark & Linda! As @M Rose mentioned we are your closest member rep. (We live on Camano Island just across the pond from you). Please feel free to reach out with any questions you have as you explore the site, and keep your eye on the calendar and Rally Point tabs as that is where you will find local events posted. Not a huge amount of events in your area, but you will find some if you travel down to the Seattle/Tacoma area, or heading across the water up in the north end. We do get over to the Sequim/Port Angeles area fairly often and there are a lot of good forest service roads to explore. The Gladiator is a great choice of vehicle, we came really close to getting one, but went with a wrangler instead. Look forwarrd to seeing pictures when you get it!.

Mark and Linda Gordon

Rank II

Contributor III

Sequim, WA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Gordon
Member #

Welcome Mark & Linda! As @M Rose mentioned we are your closest member rep. (We live on Camano Island just across the pond from you). Please feel free to reach out with any questions you have as you explore the site, and keep your eye on the calendar and Rally Point tabs as that is where you will find local events posted. Not a huge amount of events in your area, but you will find some if you travel down to the Seattle/Tacoma area, or heading across the water up in the north end. We do get over to the Sequim/Port Angeles area fairly often and there are a lot of good forest service roads to explore. The Gladiator is a great choice of vehicle, we came really close to getting one, but went with a wrangler instead. Look forwarrd to seeing pictures when you get it!.
Thanks, Dave for connecting with us. Looking forward to meeting you sometime in the future. We had first considered the hybrid Rubicon. We eventually migrated over to the Gladiator because we wanted to tow a small travel trailer to use as a base camp sometimes. We considered and did a lot of research over the past year on many types of brand vehicles like the 4-Runner TRD PRO, which I owned a 1988 4-Runner EFI that I bought new for many years through the 90s when I did numerous exploring trips in the Northern Cascades. Our Gladiator order (placed on July 31st) will not even begin production until the 1st week of September as the production of the 2022 models has ended and the 2023 model production will start then. It will be one of the first 2023 models to leave the factory. Then it will be 3 or 4 months in process before delivery. There are not any major changes if any, so I hope the first ones to leave the factory are NOT lemons (LOL)(fingers crossed). then we will spend the winter doing a moderate build with accessories like a winch and a few off-road lights and a bed cap, and a few other needed Overlanding equipment. Otherwise, the Gladiator I ordered will be equipped with just about everything one can order and will be a perfectly capable vehicle for our purposes. Nothing fancy, only practical and utilitarian. It will bring us many fun adventures.

Reactions: OTH Overland

Mark and Linda Gordon

Rank II

Contributor III

Sequim, WA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Gordon
Member #

Peace and Cheers

Mark and Linda
Welcome to both of you! LOTS of resources here, have fun and looking forward to the pics of your Gladiator when it arrives!
Thank you!

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army

Peace and Cheers

Mark and Linda
Welcome to the Overland Bound Community. Glad to have you join us.

Mark and Linda Gordon

Rank II

Contributor III

Sequim, WA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Gordon
Member #

Hello and welcome to the OB family.
Thank you, Roots66, for the warm welcome. Our 2023 Gladiator Rubicon we ordered (August 1st) has been added to the production queue last week (for the September production start) and is expected to be delivered in mid-October. There do not appear to be any parts shortages at this time. Then the fun of adding a few accessories for safety over the winter, and then joining in some group activities in the spring.

Reactions: Kent R

Lone Wolf 1965

Rank V

Traveler III

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy

Peace and Cheers

Mark and Linda

Welcome to Overland Bound, it's a great community, and I have discovered that if you need information just ask and someone will probably know the answer or be able to point you in the right direction.

Mark and Linda Gordon

Rank II

Contributor III

Sequim, WA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Gordon
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound, it's a great community, and I have discovered that if you need information just ask and someone will probably know the answer or be able to point you in the right direction.
Thank you for your welcoming advice, Lone Wolf 1965. I have read through several threads and observed that everyone who offers advice is thoughtful, helpful, and sincerely genuine talking from their own experience. I feel very comfortable asking for advice or information about a topic of concern for me when the time presents itself with the confidence of receiving friendly (neighborly) replies of high caliber. I am sure I'll have some.