• HTML tutorial

venture4wd

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Nomadic
Member #

Hey, gang!

My name is Chris Shontz. Since mid-March, 2017, I've been on-the-road, living in my camper-equipped Jeep Wrangler and traveling around the country. I've known of the OB community for quite some time, heard so many great things, and wanted to check it out for myself.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey, gang!

My name is Chris Shontz. Since mid-March, 2017, I've been on-the-road, living in my camper-equipped Jeep Wrangler and traveling around the country. I've known of the OB community for quite some time, heard so many great things, and wanted to check it out for myself.

Hey Chris and welcome! I've been living full time out of my 94 YJ "Jade" and am currently on a 50 state road trip with my dog Annie. Nice rig! Safe travels man man and enjoy the open road!

Jade - right at home in the woods - February 2017.jpg

W4P

Rank III

Advocate II

Sudbury
Been following iamjake on YouTube! This is guy who found a Jeep super mechanic with a field of Jeep parts!!!! Sorry Jake you are famous!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: YYJ-JKUR

YETI X

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Clairemont, San Diego, CA 92117
Member #

Hey Chris, Like I said in your thread about San Diego, sorry we didn't actually meet this morning in Julian. Welcome to OB and check out the San Diego post in the regional forum. Lots of people from San Diego on here.

Cheers!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Been following iamjake on YouTube! This is guy who found a Jeep super mechanic with a field of Jeep parts!!!! Sorry Jake you are famous!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Hey W4P! I sure appreciate you following me! Yes, I was lucky to find him too! Thank you for the kind words and your support man!

venture4wd

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Nomadic
Member #

Hey Chris and welcome! I've been living full time out of my 94 YJ "Jade" and am currently on a 50 state road trip with my dog Annie. Nice rig! Safe travels man man and enjoy the open road!

View attachment 28028
Thanks, Jake! A kindred spirit! I remember catching one of your episodes earlier this year. Possibly Yosemite. I really enjoyed it! I'll have to go back and catch up.

The only major goal I have is to make this lifestyle "indefinite". Otherwise, I'm just going wherever the wind blows! (indefinite in quotes because life has a way of happening)

I traveled from PA to CA via a southerly arc. I need to catch up on your travels, but give me a shout if you're looking for intel on any states along that route. :)

After dipping my toes in the Pacific, I'm going to slowly swing back to PA via a northerly arc, and deal with the fully-furnished apartment that I'm still paying rent for but not using. I'm sure my landlord loves me.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: kg6zjl and YETI X

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Thanks, Jake! A kindred spirit! I remember catching one of your episodes earlier this year. Possibly Yosemite. I really enjoyed it! I'll have to go back and catch up.

The only major goal I have is to make this lifestyle "indefinite". Otherwise, I'm just going wherever the wind blows! (indefinite in quotes because life has a way of happening)

I traveled from PA to CA via a southerly arc. I need to catch up on your travels, but give me a shout if you're looking for intel on any states along that route. :)

After dipping my toes in the Pacific, I'm going to slowly swing back to PA via a northerly arc, and deal with the fully-furnished apartment that I'm still paying rent for but not using. I'm sure my landlord loves me.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Chris - I totally understand the "indefinite" lifestyle and I love it! I'll be sure to shout if needed. Good luck on dealing with the apartment. Safe travels and enjoy the open road!

Reactions: venture4wd