Hello from Texas

• HTML tutorial

Taco Caliente

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Antonio, TX
Member #

Hi everyone! I just found this forum after a Google search for information into my newest future passion.

Rig: 2017 Toyota Tacoma Off Road SB

I'm 62 years old and looking forward to retirement. I purchased the above rig to help me enjoy what I love: the outdoors! I'm not new to 4x4 travel. I started off with my first, a 1982 CJ-7 in which I made many trips to west Texas and New Mexico camping out in the desert. Later, in the 80s and 90s, I owned two Toyota 1977 FJ-40s. My worst mistake was selling them! With those rigs, I made trips to New Mexico, Colorado, and Utah. I am especially in love with southwest Colorado, the San Juans to be exact, and with the Utah Canyonlands. Those are my first priority locations to revisit in the near future. I plan to make those trips in overland style, camping under the stars and enjoying the beauty of nature. For the last 18 years, I've been a Ford F150 owner, and life changes put a brake into my outdoor lifestyle. But I'm ready and re-energized to hit that trail again. I look forward to learning as much as I can from all you here, and will try to contribute when I can. Thanks!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi everyone! I just found this forum after a Google search for information into my newest future passion.

Rig: 2017 Toyota Tacoma Off Road SB

I'm 62 years old and looking forward to retirement. I purchased the above rig to help me enjoy what I love: the outdoors! I'm not new to 4x4 travel. I started off with my first, a 1982 CJ-7 in which I made many trips to west Texas and New Mexico camping out in the desert. Later, in the 80s and 90s, I owned two Toyota 1977 FJ-40s. My worst mistake was selling them! With those rigs, I made trips to New Mexico, Colorado, and Utah. I am especially in love with southwest Colorado, the San Juans to be exact, and with the Utah Canyonlands. Those are my first priority locations to revisit in the near future. I plan to make those trips in overland style, camping under the stars and enjoying the beauty of nature. For the last 18 years, I've been a Ford F150 owner, and life changes put a brake into my outdoor lifestyle. But I'm ready and re-energized to hit that trail again. I look forward to learning as much as I can from all you here, and will try to contribute when I can. Thanks!
Hi Taco Caliente and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!