Hello from Tank in SoCal

• HTML tutorial

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Retired and looking for new roads to travel. Thanks donuteater for showing me this awesome site. I hope this old dude can contribute. (Tom).
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...looking forward to seeing your adventures

Reactions: Tank
D

donuteater

It was an hour drive up from SD to meet up with @Tank on a day I took off work but it was definitely worth it. Yea he may be my dad but few can say their fathers have changed over the years to their best friend but I would do anything for this guy. Anyone that knows OC has driven down Holy Jim road. It’s mostly a glorified gravel road with concrete bridges and lackluster hill climbs but at least it’s dirt. @Tank has been battling constant hip pain waiting for a complete replacement in the coming months. He cannot sit for long periods and the pain is always there. Driving up Holy Jim yesterday talking about our future adventures once he recovers from surgery, I saw the pain leave his eyes and we were lost in the trees, the small stream running down the rocks and fresh cold air. It’s no month long trip to Alaska but it was our adventure for that hour and a distraction. We were two kids pretending to be overlanding the world. Yesterday I learned that sometimes it’s the smallest of trips, the unplanned adventures that make all the difference. I am proud to have this Vietnam Army Combat Veteran as my father and his strength is inspiration.

Until our next adventure OB# 10429 & #818828BCDF94-00AA-4389-8431-D6A141EBD0B1.jpegB24BC317-0877-4D08-BA0A-C95CDFA05895.jpeg6016D993-DDDA-4CFE-8B40-371DE9B35D9E.jpeg

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

@Steve Does this count as a member meet?
Absolutely, and the best kind!

Welcome, @Tank and I'm glad to see another man of "experienced" age here! You've got a couple on me, though. I was up for the last draft for the SE Asia Games, but fortunate to not have my number called up. Thanks you, sir!

Reactions: Tank