Hello from SF Bay Area

• HTML tutorial

METIS

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Redwood City, CA
Member #

Received much help from OB community members over the years and figured it's time to become more active in the community myself. I'm a novice overlander - if I could be even considered as such, but an avid traveler and backpacker. Also a bit of a car enthusiast so hence the merging of two interests.

Here is what's in the garage:

1991 Range Rover Classic - Hunter

Currently undergoing a restoration

2018 T4R TRD Pro

Nothing about me is particularly interesting, but I'll take nearly anything camping if given the opportunity.

In celebration of the new viper, I took one camping in Half Moon Bay.

Looking forward to meeting a bunch of you.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Received much help from OB community members over the years and figured it's time to become more active in the community myself. I'm a novice overlander - if I could be even considered as such, but an avid traveler and backpacker. Also a bit of a car enthusiast so hence the merging of two interests.

2018 T4R TRD Pro

Nothing about me is particularly interesting, but I'll take nearly anything camping if given the opportunity.

Hello Metis and welcome to OB! Nice looking rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

2018 T4R TRD Pro

Hello Metis and welcome to the OB crew...great bunch of rigs...total soft spot for the rover...look forward to seeing your adventures

Reactions: METIS

Six Actual

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Benicia, CA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Wickett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA6XM
Nice to see some more rigs from the Bay Area joining up. See ya out there!

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877

2018 T4R TRD Pro

Welcome to OB Metis! I really admire your style.

jcline

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Rafael, CA
Member #

Welcome! For the other bay area folks are there are there any meetups that ever happen here or only out by sac and beyond.

Here for me being the North Bay but the bay in general..

Sent from my Pixel using OB Talk mobile app

METIS

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Redwood City, CA
Member #

Hello Metis and welcome to the OB crew...great bunch of rigs...total soft spot for the rover...look forward to seeing your adventures
It was one of the cars I've always loved. The opportunity to purchase one opened up a couple years ago and I jumped on it. Loving it.

Reactions: Chadlyb

OakJohn

Rank 0

Traveler I

East Bay, CA
Member #

Welcome! Novice myself here as well. I live in the east Bay and my partner lives in the South Bay. Great to see other Bay area folks around!

We drive a 4th gen 4runner and mostly go to the Sierras or hollister hills for some wheeling and practice.

See you around!

Sent from my SM-G950U using OB Talk mobile app

brianjayes

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Mateo
Member #

Would be great to explore, been to Hollister twice now and Carnegie once only, excited to do something new. Don't quite have the overlanding setup yet but would be awesome to hone in the offroading skills

Sent from my Pixel using OB Talk mobile app

METIS

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Redwood City, CA
Member #

Welcome! Novice myself here as well. I live in the east Bay and my partner lives in the South Bay. Great to see other Bay area folks around!

We drive a 4th gen 4runner and mostly go to the Sierras or hollister hills for some wheeling and practice.

See you around!

Sent from my SM-G950U using OB Talk mobile app
The story with the Land Rover is a bunch of my friends were heading off to Hollister for an overnight. At the time all I had were non-suitable cars so I figured I would just rent something and hopefully not break anything. The morning before I found this Rover in San Rafael, next thing you know I was up north and trying to figure out how to transport 2 cars home. Towing companies wouldn't move till after traffic so it arrived just after 11pm the night prior in untested condition. The original idea was to purchase it, tow it down and have it at least looked over. 7am the next morning I took it to Hollister and somehow miraculously survived. I did get it stuck on some rocks, but that's an entirely different story.

Reactions: jcline and OakJohn