Hello from SE Michigan

• HTML tutorial

coldfuzion76

Rank I

Contributor III

I'm a recent transplant to MI, moving from KY in January last year. Wound up due to circumstances trading my Lexus IS350 for a Colorado ZR2. I blamed the potholes eating my tires.

At any rate, I really like my new truck, it being the first serious off-road vehicle I've ever owned. It's been years since I've really been able to spend any time in the outdoors, so I'm hoping to spend some time this year exploring the trails north of me with my dog, and just getting out of the noise for a while. I'm here for advice and knowledge!

S

SubeeBen

Welcome from San Diego Ca. Awesome forum, great people on here & lots of great info on here as well. Enjoy. ✌

Reactions: coldfuzion76

Andy G

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Cannonsburg, MI
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Grow
Member #

Greetings! Make sure to check out the Midwest OB Facebook page (if you do FB), as well as Michigan Overland and U.P. Overland websites and FB pages.

Sandbox714

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Fenton,mi
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Lund
Member #

Welcome to the great state of Michigan.

You definitely have a great vehicle for Michigan trails due to its size. Be prepared for some off-road pin stripping the farther north you head.

Lots of good off the grid camping also.

JimInBC

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Southern Vancouver Island
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Freer
Member #

Saying hello from Mishawaka, Indiana! Michigan is a great secret for the great outdoors.

Lots to explore! Once you are north of Grand Rapids, it is another world.
Welcome to the board. I spent most of my younger years in Western Michigan (GR). Now I am way west and a bit north.

Then just keep going north cross the bridge. A little bit of everything. Though the Keweenaw was one of my favourite places to explore. The Upper Lower has gotten a bit more crowded since I was in my 20's. I can remember when the Lealenau was pretty empty.

Reactions: Sandbox714