Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
New member, joined the site last night and purchased a membership this morning :)
I am a big fan of camping, four wheeling, motorcycling, go-karting, etc. If it has an engine on it...

I am currently in the process of planning out the Montana 2017 route for a group of close friends. We will have around 8 people spread between 6 vehicles and plan on hitting many of our favorite spots (Castle Mts, Marysville, Dearborn River, Ogden-Nevada, etc.).

I found myself in need of a new car after the WRX disintegrated upon impact (that's another story) and found myself looking at G-Wagons and trying to find a low miles Euro diesel - or a Troopy or something I see the Australians driving. I was really looking for something that could be a daily driver as well as an excellent off road camping mobile. After a couple of months of looking I found that the dealership near work occasionally offers deeply discounted Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicons. So I waited and watched and snatched one up. A real beauty!

The best part of all of this is that my son has taken a liking to overlanding and is ready to go spend time with pops at the drop of a hat. Kind of like a Visa commercial... $45K for a Jeep, $1K in farkles - son becoming your wheelin and campin buddy? PRICELESS!

I am excited to find this group as we are pretty well aligned. I look forward to future WA events and even those further out :)

IMG_3923.JPG

Thanks!
Greg and Joel (Black Shadow and Lucky Strike)

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Thanks all!
Arnel - hope to get involved and meet you on the trail!

Levidale - A good buddy of mine is near DFW and he makes the trip to Montana with us every year. His multi-day drive makes mine not seem so bad! I recently purchased a JKU but the Tacoma nearly got me - have a Tundra and LX470 and they have been beyond awesome to us!

Reactions: Arnel

tbisaacs

Rank III

Advocate I

Renton, WA
Member #

Welcome Greg! I'm just down the road in East Renton Highlands. Love seeing the kids getting involved. IMO that's one of the best parts of this lifestyle and community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ubiety

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

New member, joined the site last night and purchased a membership this morning :)
I am a big fan of camping, four wheeling, motorcycling, go-karting, etc. If it has an engine on it...

I am currently in the process of planning out the Montana 2017 route for a group of close friends. We will have around 8 people spread between 6 vehicles and plan on hitting many of our favorite spots (Castle Mts, Marysville, Dearborn River, Ogden-Nevada, etc.).

I found myself in need of a new car after the WRX disintegrated upon impact (that's another story) and found myself looking at G-Wagons and trying to find a low miles Euro diesel - or a Troopy or something I see the Australians driving. I was really looking for something that could be a daily driver as well as an excellent off road camping mobile. After a couple of months of looking I found that the dealership near work occasionally offers deeply discounted Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicons. So I waited and watched and snatched one up. A real beauty!

The best part of all of this is that my son has taken a liking to overlanding and is ready to go spend time with pops at the drop of a hat. Kind of like a Visa commercial... $45K for a Jeep, $1K in farkles - son becoming your wheelin and campin buddy? PRICELESS!

I am excited to find this group as we are pretty well aligned. I look forward to future WA events and even those further out :)

View attachment 28008

Thanks!
Greg and Joel (Black Shadow and Lucky Strike)
Welcome to OB, Greg and Joel! I left OR a little over a year ago and live full time in my 94 YJ "Jade" with my dog Annie. We're currently on a 50 state road trip. BTW, nice rig! Safe travels to you both and enjoy the open road!

Crusin' The Back Roads!.jpg

Arnel

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Lynnwood, WA
Member #

Thanks all!
Arnel - hope to get involved and meet you on the trail!

Levidale - A good buddy of mine is near DFW and he makes the trip to Montana with us every year. His multi-day drive makes mine not seem so bad! I recently purchased a JKU but the Tacoma nearly got me - have a Tundra and LX470 and they have been beyond awesome to us!
For sure there seems to be quite a few of us in the north end!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
IMO that's one of the best parts of this lifestyle and community.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You had me at camping ;) That is actually great to know that OB is a kid/family friendly place. Looking forward to doing a PNW trip with folks from OB.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Thanks Roger and Jake!

Jake, have you gone to AK yet? The ALCAN is awesome!

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Greg - no, have not made it to AK yet. Looking forward to it though!
Northern BC is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been - majestic. You will enjoy it immensely. For that trip my vote was to ride the AK ferry back to Seattle but yielded and we rode back - which was really cool since we rode through Jasper/Banff on the way back down. Take the top off your Jeep through Jasper so you can gather in the view!

Do you have an online map that shows where you have been and where you are going? What kind of terrain are you looking for? WA and OR have a back country discovery route which is supposed to be awesome - I need to look that up ;) SE OR has awesome high desert with hot springs, stop in Bend and have a beer - awesome little town. I could blather on forever, if you want to discuss West coast-ish trip logistics let know ;)

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Northern BC is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been - majestic. You will enjoy it immensely. For that trip my vote was to ride the AK ferry back to Seattle but yielded and we rode back - which was really cool since we rode through Jasper/Banff on the way back down. Take the top off your Jeep through Jasper so you can gather in the view!

Do you have an online map that shows where you have been and where you are going? What kind of terrain are you looking for? WA and OR have a back country discovery route which is supposed to be awesome - I need to look that up ;) SE OR has awesome high desert with hot springs, stop in Bend and have a beer - awesome little town. I could blather on forever, if you want to discuss West coast-ish trip logistics let know ;)
Hey Greg - sure appreciate the suggestions! I do not have an online map. When I do my state visits, my subscribers who filled out my 50 state road trip questionnaire http://bit.ly/2rP3BUi provide their local favorite places to see and things to do - as well as their local off roading suggestions in their area's. I like to meet up with them and see the area through their eyes as they know them best! I do however, use google maps when I go off-grid sight seeing myself :)
When I go through Bend next time, I'll reach out! Thank you for your support!

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Jake - turned the tv on and tuned into youtube. Guess what showed up in my reccomendations? Jade :) The boy and I watched your video. Enjoy your Mavic - I'm taking mine on our adventure tomorrow.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Jake - turned the tv on and tuned into youtube. Guess what showed up in my reccomendations? Jade :) The boy and I watched your video. Enjoy your Mavic - I'm taking mine on our adventure tomorrow.
Greg - Too funny! Glad you both watched. If you subscribe to my channel, you'll be notified of the new videos I post. And then you can complete my 50 State Road Trip Questionnaire so I will have your contact info when I’m in your area. I use the completed questionnaires to meet up with the people you see with me in my videos!

Here is the link to the questionnaire which I hope you will complete - https://goo.gl/forms/ZopZP74rkYqGTBhh1

I do enjoy my Mavic - there so much fun to fly and get amazing video! Enjoy your adventure tomorrow, Happy 4th of July to you and yours, and safe travels!