Hello from far northern California

• HTML tutorial

BigJake460

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Lassen County, Ca.
Member #

Hello, my name is Ryan (Big Jake is my radio handle). While I'm new to these boards from what I've read I have been an overlander pretty much my whole life. I live in Lassen County Ca. in the Sierra-Nevada mountain range, so fire road and forest service road exploration has been a part of my life since I was old enough to drive. It is pretty exciting to see a name given to what I've always enjoyed doing. And now having a small family that loves to get out and explore, I'm hoping to do a lot more. I have owned many different Ford and Chevy full size trucks, though I currently don't have a dedicated rig. Hoping to soon have either a K5 Blazer or Suburban (and will get a build thread going once I have a vehicle). Right now we use my girlfriend's daily driver '00 F150 and a borrowed pop-up trailer, but the truck is too nice to go beat up on the trails. Anyhow, I'm pretty stoked to be here as it seems like a really great site with a bunch of awesome people, and will become a full member here shortly. Cheers!

Reactions: French and WCO_Ryan

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello, my name is Ryan (Big Jake is my radio handle). While I'm new to these boards from what I've read I have been an overlander pretty much my whole life. I live in Lassen County Ca. in the Sierra-Nevada mountain range, so fire road and forest service road exploration has been a part of my life since I was old enough to drive. It is pretty exciting to see a name given to what I've always enjoyed doing. And now having a small family that loves to get out and explore, I'm hoping to do a lot more. I have owned many different Ford and Chevy full-size trucks, though I currently don't have a dedicated rig. Hoping to soon have either a K5 Blazer or Suburban (and will get a build thread going once I have a vehicle). Right now we use my girlfriend's daily driver '00 F150 and a borrowed pop-up trailer, but the truck is too nice to go beat up on the trails. Anyhow, I'm pretty stoked to be here as it seems like a really great site with a bunch of awesome people, and will become a full member here shortly. Cheers!
Hi Ryan and welcome to OB! Nice choice of rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads
!

Reactions: BigJake460

French

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Irvine California
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Frechette
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hello, my name is Ryan (Big Jake is my radio handle). While I'm new to these boards from what I've read I have been an overlander pretty much my whole life. I live in Lassen County Ca. in the Sierra-Nevada mountain range, so fire road and forest service road exploration has been a part of my life since I was old enough to drive. It is pretty exciting to see a name given to what I've always enjoyed doing. And now having a small family that loves to get out and explore, I'm hoping to do a lot more. I have owned many different Ford and Chevy full size trucks, though I currently don't have a dedicated rig. Hoping to soon have either a K5 Blazer or Suburban (and will get a build thread going once I have a vehicle). Right now we use my girlfriend's daily driver '00 F150 and a borrowed pop-up trailer, but the truck is too nice to go beat up on the trails. Anyhow, I'm pretty stoked to be here as it seems like a really great site with a bunch of awesome people, and will become a full member here shortly. Cheers!
Welcome Big Jake,
From Southern California, I have always wanted a K5 that would be nice platform to start with for sure.

BigJake460

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Lassen County, Ca.
Member #

Thank you all for the welcome. Like I said before, Ive owned several full size trucks but never the Bronco, Blazer, or Suburban platforms. Im pretty excited for the posibilities.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using OB Talk mobile app

Jean Klaude The Jeep

Rank VI
Investor

Traveler III

Lexington, Henderson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Shelby
Member #

Actually I found the forums from your facebook page. I dont use instagram though, but what Ive seen of facebook is pretty cool. Thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using OB Talk mobile app
That's cool, glad I you found my Facebook page (please share it, I need the likes), and Overland Bound!

Overland Bound Member #6080
Follow us on Facebook, and Instagram

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Hello Big Jake from Southern California and welcome to Overland Bound!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

BigJake460

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Lassen County, Ca.
Member #

Welcome Ryan! I'll be up in Lassen Forest at the end of this month for the G1 hunt.
It has been a while since Ive been hunting so I dont specifically remember where all the zones are, but I'm pretty sure that is right here around my town. I've been sick and havent been online in a while so I missed your post.....but if I haven't missed your visit say hi when you roll through.

BigJake460

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Lassen County, Ca.
Member #

Thank you all again for the welcomes. Seems like a great group of people here and I'm pretty excited to be a part of it. Got my membership emblem in the mail yesterday too, very cool and really love the quality. Unfortunately the upload file link wont work on my phone, but I am now member number 8152.

Juggernaut

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chino Ca
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Hart
Member #

Welcome!