Hello From Danville, Indiana!

• HTML tutorial

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

I am looking forward to learning a great deal on this forum! I've got a couple of Jeeps and love exploring and adventure in them!

Looks like there are a bunch of great folks around here!

Dan

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I am looking forward to learning a great deal on this forum! I've got a couple of Jeeps and love exploring and adventure in them!

Looks like there are a bunch of great folks around here!

Dan
Hello Dan and welcome to the OB crew...looking forward to seeing your Jeeps and your adventures.

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

Btw, A few buddies and I are heading to Moab in October, leaving on the 18th for about a week long trip. We'll be doing the Rimrocker trail on the way out. If you Hoosiers are interested, we'd love to have you along! We haven't completely decided all of the trails we'll do, but Finns N Things and Hells Revenge are for sure. White Rim Trail is one of the others we're considering. The heavy emphasis is on scenery with moderate challenge. We've got a couple of stock Jeeps in the group, so we want to make sure they can get through. Besides, we don't want to break our rides home! Lol! Mostly, we'll be in hotels, but we may do a night or two camping out. Just PM me if interested.

Thanks for all the welcomes from everyone. I'm really enjoying the great people on this forum!

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

Got my membership and number! Wahoo!! My number is 13615! Time to figure out what I now have access to here.

theriddler33

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Madison, Indiana
First Name
robert
Last Name
riedel
Member #

Hi Dan and greetings from Southern Indiana! Although I'm new to this site, I'm no newbie to offroading in Indiana. I was actually the Indiana Chapter President of TTORA (formerly known as Tacoma Territory Off Roading Association) and we did several runs at the Badlands off road park in Attica and a couple rides in Brown County on a very challenging abandoned county road (Combs Road or Backwaters if you've ever heard of it).

It's ironic I just found this site tonight and you mentioned going to Utah, I just mentioned going offroading in Utah last night to the wife. I'd love to go but have a lot to do first in building a rig worthy of making the trip and doing the trails in Utah. I'd love get the wife's 2006 4runner Sport outfitted for trails but she's not too keen on the idea yet so I'll have to stick to building up my 2002 4runner...gotta lot of work to do in order to keep up with the Jeep Rubicon guys:smile:

Reactions: DanW

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

Hi Dan and greetings from Southern Indiana! Although I'm new to this site, I'm no newbie to offroading in Indiana. I was actually the Indiana Chapter President of TTORA (formerly known as Tacoma Territory Off Roading Association) and we did several runs at the Badlands off road park in Attica and a couple rides in Brown County on a very challenging abandoned county road (Combs Road or Backwaters if you've ever heard of it).

It's ironic I just found this site tonight and you mentioned going to Utah, I just mentioned going offroading in Utah last night to the wife. I'd love to go but have a lot to do first in building a rig worthy of making the trip and doing the trails in Utah. I'd love get the wife's 2006 4runner Sport outfitted for trails but she's not too keen on the idea yet so I'll have to stick to building up my 2002 4runner...gotta lot of work to do in order to keep up with the Jeep Rubicon guys:smile:
Hey, not all the Jeeps going on our trip are Rubis. We've got a bone stock, street tired JKU, a stock JKU Sahara with 32" Duratracs as the only mod, a JKU Sahara that is putting on a 2" lift and maybe 32's or 33's before the trip, and two Rubis with lifts, 35's, and winches. My JK Rubi might go, depending on my cousin's participation. It has a 2" lift , 33's, and a winch. So that 4 Runner in stock condition would do just fine, and probably better than a couple of these Jeeps! We'll certainly go through a few rough spots, but we've got 2 winches in the group and can engage in creative problem solving if necessary. A couple of the drivers coming along have little experience, too, so a 4 Runner with an experienced driver won't have any issue other than maybe rubbing the hitch or rear bumper here or there.

Right now, it will be first the Rimrocker, which is easy, Finns N Things, mostly easy, Hells Revenge, with some tough spots, but also I understand most have bypasses, and then we're looking at a couple others and haven't quited nailed them down. If it can be done in a day, Schafer Trail on White Rim might make the cut. Our rigs are our rides home, so we'll be trying not to break anything! Lol! We'd love to have you along!