Matt_fba981

Rank III

Advocate III

Ohio, United States
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Ross
I'm just starting out with this overlanding thing, I've watched many (probably too many) YouTube videos, wishing I was out there. So, this past summer, after hitting one of the 5k+ deer in my county, in my beloved 20 equinox (I really loved that damn car) I decided to get me a truck and that's when it all started. Immediately bought a bedrack and a rtt, cheaper ones, of course, because this hobby/lifestyle - I don't know what to call it yet - IS EXPENSIVE. I got a Hooke Road bedrack and an OVS tmbk 2 rtt (on clearance). I haven't really been out yet. I did some of the trails here in Ohio...meh. Once you've seen Ohio, you don't need to see it ever again. But I'm really trying to get out to the Owyhee trail in Oregon this summer. Yep, seen a YouTube video, and I need to go now. Anyways, thanks for having me, and any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Oldvolks

Rank II

Enthusiast I

New Braunfels, TX, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Pratt
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Get on some overlanding forums for the area and see what folks are saying. Start at some National parks or ones in the area and figure out what needs/wants you have!!!

Reactions: Matt_fba981

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
I'm just starting out with this overlanding thing, I've watched many (probably too many) YouTube videos, wishing I was out there. So, this past summer, after hitting one of the 5k+ deer in my county, in my beloved 20 equinox (I really loved that damn car) I decided to get me a truck and that's when it all started. Immediately bought a bedrack and a rtt, cheaper ones, of course, because this hobby/lifestyle - I don't know what to call it yet - IS EXPENSIVE. I got a Hooke Road bedrack and an OVS tmbk 2 rtt (on clearance). I haven't really been out yet. I did some of the trails here in Ohio...meh. Once you've seen Ohio, you don't need to see it ever again. But I'm really trying to get out to the Owyhee trail in Oregon this summer. Yep, seen a YouTube video, and I need to go now. Anyways, thanks for having me, and any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Hello Matt, welcome to Overland Bound.

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Folles, Haute-Vienne, France
First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

Hi there.

Welcome to the OB community from us in France.

Cheers Paul and Nicky

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound
Its surprising how much damage a deer can do.
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE OVERLANDING AND OFF-ROAD EXPO // OZARK EMPIRE FAIRGROUNDS – SPRINGFIELD, MO
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Welcome to the Overland Bound Community. Glad to have you join us.

BackWoods

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Northfield, Summit County, Ohio, United States
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Tritabaugh
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Welcome to the group

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Welcome to the camp fire! Before you buy a bunch of stuff, go out and camp, drive a few dirt roads. Overlanding for me is doing, not about hanging stuff on my truck. My truck is built for how I use it, not as somebody on youtube says. Yes, it can be very expensive and everything is a compromise, figure out what is best for you.