Hello from a new member.

• HTML tutorial

wannabe

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello there. I am from Canberra Australia and i am retired, lucky me.

I drive a Mercedes ML500 2004 model. I am thinking of getting a 100 series Landcruiser, purely for the 3500 towing capacity and the cost of parts and repairs here. At the moment i am using the merc for towing my sons drag car, it has no real problem towing, but the thing is, we go all over the eastern seaboard to races. The thing is, if something breaks on one of our trips, we are buggered for repairs. The Toyota brand is just about everywhere and people know how to fix them, not like the merc.

I would be interested to hear from you guys as to what you think and does my argument stack up, because the wife dont want me to change, and as with most women, sorry if there are ladies out there, cant see the logic in my argument.

Anyway just thought i would ask, oh yes, some our trips are like 3000 kl round trips.

WolfHunter3877

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

New York, New York
Member #

Welcome to the club, i do agree with you that the toyota will be easier to find parts for and reliability should be better in a toyota as well IMHO. Plus Land Cruisers are badass!!!

Last edited:

Murphy Slaw

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern Illinois
Member #

I thought Mercedes was known for high quality and longevity, whereas Toyota has been having many issues of late, esp with the Gen 3 Tacomas.

I guess it's just a crapshoot....

Anyhoo, welcome to the nuthouse, because here it doesn't matter what you drive !