Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Hello and welcome to Overland Bound from across the pond. Actually I was born not far from Cornwall in Poole, many many years ago..lol Enjoy your build project:)

Reactions: El-Dracho

Thebrick

Rank 0

Contributor II

Cornwall, UK
First Name
John
Last Name
Exley
It's a real headache as I've had to pull fuse 23 as the haldex is causing issues. But it's still a great car it's the 3rd one I've had and enjoy every minute of it. Just need to mod it and get it looking rough and ready.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thought I better say hi.in the UK with a barn find of a xc70 2006 picked up for a cheap 325 UK £. Going to be slowly making it a bit different as no one over really bothers with modifications on them in the UK.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Our European Ambassadors are Dave Spinks @PolarisOverland
West Europe, and Bjoern Eldracher @El-Dracho
Local Experts in the UK are @professorpool @caspoint220
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
West Europe
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly!
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

professorpool

Local Expert West Europe
Launch Member

Traveler III

Woking, England
First Name
Nik
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

Thought I better say hi.in the UK with a barn find of a xc70 2006 picked up for a cheap 325 UK £. Going to be slowly making it a bit different as no one over really bothers with modifications on them in the UK.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Our European Ambassadors are Dave Spinks @PolarisOverland
West Europe, and Bjoern Eldracher @El-Dracho
Local Experts in the UK are @professorpool @caspoint220
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
West Europe
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly!
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Hi the brick!

What a great name lol..

Watch out for rally points. Literally landed back from a tour of France with other ob members from USA, Germany and the Netherlands yesterday.

Nik

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi John,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

My name is Bjoern and as @Kent R already mentioned I am one of the European Ambassadors for Overland Bound.

The XC70 is a beautiful rig for overlanding. An absolute expert with that rig is our member @XC70_OVERLANDER If you want to know anything about the XC70 just reach out to him. He is always happy to help. Also @Wranglervirus knows a lot about these Volvos.

Look around here and you'll find plenty of good information about overlanding around the world. In the regional subforums you will also find a lot of information. Check the map for POIs and please take a look at the Rally Points for planned meetups. There you can filter by region, e.g. West Europe for the UK.

If you have any questions please ask. I am always happy to help.

Greetings from currently the Balkans,
Bjoern

Reactions: XC70_OVERLANDER

XC70_OVERLANDER

Local Expert Northern Germany

Navigator II

Hamburg, Germany
First Name
Thore
Last Name
Fahrenbach
Member #

Service Branch
Higher Education
Great capable vehicle. In deed there is quite a nice community around the P2 and P3 platform. Especially the Xc70 P26.

Due to national regulations it is quite easy to modify the XC with a nice lift new at tyres and other mods like winch etc.

Let me know if you need anything or just some information. I am more than happy to support and provide my knowledge

Attachments

Reactions: Thebrick

Thebrick

Rank 0

Contributor II

Cornwall, UK
First Name
John
Last Name
Exley
Here in UK I've not seen anybody that's done mod to a xc, over here it's all about the landrover and off roading.
Main one for me is the roof rack and mount either a basket on it or make my own with a plastic pallet and recycle it. Means then I can use it to stand on when photographing aviation.
I've got a few issues with the haldex and warning popping up but Iam having hard time finding the faults. So iam just going to have my fun with it for now