Launch Member

Pathfinder I

NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wolfen
Member #

Super great rig you got there! Welcome to our family from Laguna Beach, CA!
Appreciate it! This is a whole different world that I didn't realize existed. I had a guy turn around on a highway to come talk to me about my 4runner the other day as I was taking pictures. Pretty cool stuff.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

great08

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elizabeth City, NC, USA
First Name
Martin
Last Name
Mitchell
That is something that Many Americans have a good healthy passion for... 4WD. Nothing wrong with that!

You have a very nice rig BTW. My wife really wants a 4Runner some day. Actually my first vehicle was a 88' 4Runner 4x4 with the first 3.0 V6. I loved that thing! Super slow by todays standards... but it was mine and it was awesome.

Installing rock sliders and skids on mine in a few minutes/today. I picked a cold day to do it. lol

Reactions: H60Flyer

H60Flyer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wolfen
Member #

That is something that Many Americans have a good healthy passion for... 4WD. Nothing wrong with that!

You have a very nice rig BTW. My wife really wants a 4Runner some day. Actually my first vehicle was a 88' 4Runner 4x4 with the first 3.0 V6. I loved that thing! Super slow by todays standards... but it was mine and it was awesome.

Installing rock sliders and skids on mine in a few minutes/today. I picked a cold day to do it. lol
You think! Hope your garage is heated. It's the wind that sucks. I just ran over and picked up Southern Maid donuts.....it's a coffee and donuts kind of a day. If you were a little closer I would come help you. Post a few pics here when your done!

great08

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elizabeth City, NC, USA
First Name
Martin
Last Name
Mitchell
You think! Hope your garage is heated. It's the wind that sucks. I just ran over and picked up Southern Maid donuts.....it's a coffee and donuts kind of a day. If you were a little closer I would come help you. Post a few pics here when your done!
Mmmm... Coffee and donuts does sound mighty fine right about now. I will put on a pot of coffee to thaw out. Did it out in the driveway. Luckily I have some overly warm CG issued coveralls. I was actually getting toasty enough in them to the point to where my hands stayed warm as well. Lol

Which is why I never wear them at work. They are too warm usually. I will bring them in tomorrow though since it is so cold now.

She is now wearing protection. I got some used (like new) sliders from a ZR2 for $200 plus $120 for shipping... and some OEM (ZR2 style but different for the Z71 bumper) skids for $330. The Tcase already has a decent steel skid.

She is GTG for basic Overland style trails now. Just need to set up the bed for gear storage.

IMG_0878.JPG
IMG_0886.JPG
IMG_0900.JPG

Reactions: H60Flyer

H60Flyer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wolfen
Member #

Mmmm... Coffee and donuts does sound mighty fine right about now. I will put on a pot of coffee to thaw out. Did it out in the driveway. Luckily I have some overly warm CG issued coveralls. I was actually getting toasty enough in them to the point to where my hands stayed warm as well. Lol

Which is why I never wear them at work. They are too warm usually. I will bring them in tomorrow though since it is so cold now.

She is now wearing protection. I got some used (like new) sliders from a ZR2 for $200 plus $120 for shipping... and some OEM (ZR2 style but different for the Z71 bumper) skids for $330. The Tcase already has a decent steel skid.

She is GTG for basic Overland style trails now. Just need to set up the bed for gear storage.

View attachment 82872
View attachment 82874
View attachment 82875
Your nuts for doing this outside today. My hands were numb from walking my dog one lap around the house. Looks great though! Your not playing around with this build. [emoji106]

Reactions: great08

Haas04

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lillington, NC, USA
Member #

John here from NC.... Active Duty Coast Guard and close to retirement with 25 years. Just picked up my dream vehicle, 2019 4runner TRD Pro, and looking to get involved in the fun of wheelin'. Other than a few offroad trips in Alaska during my 3 year tour there, im very new to the scene. Great info here and I'm soaking it all up. Thanks for having me!View attachment 82285View attachment 82286
Nice rig! I have a 17’ TRD ORP and I love it so far. Haven’t been out to the coast in a bit but plan on a trip soon. We definitely need to get a NC link up. I’ve check the calendar on here but it seems limited to a small amount. Good luck with the upcoming retirement.

Jason