Ryan
Last Name
Wood
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army 11B3P

Vehicle: 2021 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium 4WD

Why Overlanding?

I’m a GWOT Veteran and former 11B, so naturally I need to get away from modern society to find peace and reset. However, it killed me to leave my 2 young sons behind when I would go camping for a weekend. Overlanding allows me to bring both of my young sons (4 & 2) and all the gear/supplies I need to take two toddlers along to go find more dispersed areas to explore, satisfy the need for adventure, and find the moments of peace and serenity in places with views that very few people actually see.

Attachments

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Ryan, Welcome to Overland Bound from Washington State! First off, thank you for you service:) Getting away is essential, and awesome that you are taking your kids and giving them that experience. Many years and all grown up, mine still thank me for taking them on adventures. Nice looking 4Runner.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Why Overlanding?

I’m a GWOT Veteran and former 11B, so naturally I need to get away from modern society to find peace and reset. However, it killed me to leave my 2 young sons behind when I would go camping for a weekend. Overlanding allows me to bring both of my young sons (4 & 2) and all the gear/supplies I need to take two toddlers along to go find more dispersed areas to explore, satisfy the need for adventure, and find the moments of peace and serenity in places with views that very few people actually see.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact the SoCal Local Expert @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

TheWoods_In_TheWoods

Rank III

Advocate III

Thousand Oaks, Ventura County, California, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Wood
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army 11B3P

Why Overlanding?

Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact the SoCal Local Expert @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Dude this is awesome thank you so much! The amount of responses I’m getting in less than 24 hours has been an amazing surprise. I definitely feel like I’ve found where I belong.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Dude this is awesome thank you so much! The amount of responses I’m getting in less than 24 hours has been an amazing surprise. I definitely feel like I’ve found where I belong.
Check out the map to find the local meet up that is in your area.
They have regular meets and plan trips.

TheWoods_In_TheWoods

Rank III

Advocate III

Thousand Oaks, Ventura County, California, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Wood
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army 11B3P
Check out the map to find the local meet up that is in your area.
They have regular meets and plan trips.
I did actually and found one tomorrow evening. I haven’t figured out to RSVP myself. Do I need to just email the organizer directly?

Reactions: Kent R

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army

Why Overlanding?

Welcome to the overland bound community from another vet. Glad to have you join us.