Tommy
Last Name
Watson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WROE242
Service Branch
USMC
On a similar note, I’d love to see an overlay for GMRS repeaters Witt pertinent details associated with the repeater. Probably link up with MyGmrs.com for that?

Reactions: Ubiety

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Just an update on this - APRS overlay is in "near term" roadmap, but competing with other priorities like:
- Route Planning
- Layers, Layers, Layers
- Map downloads 2.0
- CarPlay Android Auto

We do have parallel development so we can do more things than one at a time. APRS overlay probably goes in the Layers focused sprint coming up.

Thanks for your patience!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Looking for but can’t find a thread for networking with HAM radio operators. I think it’s a great resource to have with locations and operators maybe a map to see and connect in emergencies and or just community? Could be a valuable resource for the app? Just my thoughts? Maybe I missed the thread somewhere?
I am not sure your original question was answered completely, you might post it here also.
Overland Communications

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
The problem with GMRS repeaters is GMRS Repeater Owners aren’t required nor encouraged to list their repeaters with anybody as with amateur radio it’s not required, but stressed very heavily to have the frequency certified. Another thing about GMRS repeaters…. Most of them are private for private use only.