dsms4ever

Rank I

Contributor III

Albany, OR, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Green
I ordered the EO bumper and sliders and am pumped to get it. I will let you guys know when it shows up (gonna take some time, anticipating 12-14 lead time according to the website). I plan to do Diode dynamic white and amber pod lights. SAE driving for the white, and SAE fog for the amber as they are both legal for street use. Anyways....I just sold my Wilco offroad spare tire carrier and am undecided as to what direction to go for the rear. Victory's price point is way too high for it's function, and coastal's bumper is not my favorite in design or functionality. I was about ready to pull the trigger on the JWoffroad tire carrier but have my concerns that I will want a bumper down the road and then I will have wasted money and drilled holes in my hatch. I am hoping that Explore overland can nail the rear bumper and keep it under 2000 shipped as a price point.

My wish list would be the following for functionality....

Preserves towing rating of vehicle,
Locks fully open
Utilizes a quality latch mechanism that looks higher quality than coastal or 4x4 labs.
Completely replaces rear bumper
Has flood light holes like coastal and victory does
Is lightweight in that it's a hybrid design

Reactions: Cpol and 13XSPX

dsms4ever

Rank I

Contributor III

Albany, OR, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Green
Some of the lower end bumpers such as true north fab are a cool idea, it's just that the plain design of the molle panel leaves a bit to be desired. JW offroad just has super rad design cutouts that make a huge difference in appearance. I am hoping that explore overland will do something similar in concept to the true north fab bumper but just a bit more sophisticated with the option for dual swing outs....And the whole concept that victory had that you could add the swing outs later without modifying the rear bumper was genius. I appreciate all of the hard work and energy these guys put into designing products for our rigs and don't wanna knock any one of them because they all of pros and cons and at the end of the day it's really hard to bring in all the fancy stuff into more budget minded bumpers.

Reactions: 13XSPX

13XSPX

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brunswick, GA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hughes
Member #

I ordered the EO bumper and sliders and am pumped to get it. I will let you guys know when it shows up (gonna take some time, anticipating 12-14 lead time according to the website). I plan to do Diode dynamic white and amber pod lights. SAE driving for the white, and SAE fog for the amber as they are both legal for street use. Anyways....I just sold my Wilco offroad spare tire carrier and am undecided as to what direction to go for the rear. Victory's price point is way too high for it's function, and coastal's bumper is not my favorite in design or functionality. I was about ready to pull the trigger on the JWoffroad tire carrier but have my concerns that I will want a bumper down the road and then I will have wasted money and drilled holes in my hatch. I am hoping that Explore overland can nail the rear bumper and keep it under 2000 shipped as a price point.

My wish list would be the following for functionality....

Preserves towing rating of vehicle,
Locks fully open
Utilizes a quality latch mechanism that looks higher quality than coastal or 4x4 labs.
Completely replaces rear bumper
Has flood light holes like coastal and victory does
Is lightweight in that it's a hybrid design

Thank you for the feedback! Send me a message if you need any help with lights or anything. I'll get you the best price I can.

Matt
EOGX.png