Bill_Utah

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
William
Last Name
Gray
Member #

Got a 2006 Gx 470 i want to build for my Utah paradise and all places West.
Looking for cost effective recommendations for lifting, bumbers, and tips and tricks to outfit for overlanding.

Reactions: LexG470

LexG470

Rank II

Contributor III

Pensacola, FL, USA
First Name
Vince
Last Name
W
Member #

Got a 2006 Gx 470 i want to build for my Utah paradise and all places West.
Looking for cost effective recommendations for lifting, bumbers, and tips and tricks to outfit for overlanding.
I'm running Eibach suspension 2.5 lift for around $600, it works great with 33s. 2005 GX470. I wana go with the JW Offroad tire carrier instead of a bumper for less weight. Always just installed an amazon snorkel for some clean air. Really good quality for around $200, although install is a huge pain. Plasti dipped the factory rims black and synergy spacers for wider stance. Until I can afford some rims

Attachments

Reactions: LONO100

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@Bill_Utah

Nice ride you got there. My friends' have a Gx470 that we took all over Southern Utah and Colorado. Totally stock. You will need to be aware of your line and choose trails wisely. but you can go many places in stock form.
If you have the Air suspension lots of folks choose to replace them to avoid a rock taking them out on a trail. This can be done if you choose to get a lift.

The Gx470 if very similar to my 2006 4Runner, I went with OME BP51 and springs approraite for my typical load out. Let me know if you would like more details on the lift setup.

Boort

Bill_Utah

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
William
Last Name
Gray
Member #

@Bill_Utah

Nice ride you got there. My friends' have a Gx470 that we took all over Southern Utah and Colorado. Totally stock. You will need to be aware of your line and choose trails wisely. but you can go many places in stock form.
If you have the Air suspension lots of folks choose to replace them to avoid a rock taking them out on a trail. This can be done if you choose to get a lift.

The Gx470 if very similar to my 2006 4Runner, I went with OME BP51 and springs approraite for my typical load out. Let me know if you would like more details on the lift

Thank for the info

Bill_Utah

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
William
Last Name
Gray
Member #

I'm running Eibach suspension 2.5 lift for around $600, it works great with 33s. 2005 GX470. I wana go with the JW Offroad tire carrier instead of a bumper for less weight. Always just installed an amazon snorkel for some clean air. Really good quality for around $200, although install is a huge pain. Plasti dipped the factory rims black and synergy spacers for wider stance. Until I can afford some rims
Great looking rig. The dipping rims is a good idea. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: LexG470

LONO100

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Bay Area CA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
PXXXXXXX
Sweer ride! Those GX's have become really popular overland vehicles. Super capable, super reliable.