John
Last Name
Kurtz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WROV950
Service Branch
Army 11b: veteran
So at the moment, I'm located in northern (occupied) VA.
98 Ram 1500, Regular cab with the 6'6'' bed
I would say intermediate? For sure not a novice and not experienced. I've driven MRAPs in some crazy spots and my truck in less crazy.
Will get more photos when we make our trip out to Maine here in OCT.

Lights.png Lights on.png

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Hey John! Welcome and great to meet you! NOVA here as well. This is a fantastic community! There's a pretty active NOVA thread here in the Trips and Events/Meetups section. In fact, we're discussing a few meetup options potentially for this weekend.

You may already be familiar with them, but if not, next weekend is the Blue Ridge Overland Flea Market down in Bedford, VA. There's a few of us from this area that's headed down, along with other OB members that will be meeting up as well.

Next month on Oct 20-21 is the Blue Ridge Overland Tent Rally. There's also a few headed down to that.

And then in November, you have Overland East Expo down in Asheville, NC from Nov 9-11.

Check them out!

Reactions: 12Seven95

John Kurtz

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Harpers Ferry, WV, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Kurtz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WROV950
Service Branch
Hey John! Welcome and great to meet you! NOVA here as well. This is a fantastic community! There's a pretty active NOVA thread here in the Trips and Events/Meetups section. In fact, we're discussing a few meetup options potentially for this weekend.

You may already be familiar with them, but if not, next weekend is the Blue Ridge Overland Flea Market down in Bedford, VA. There's a few of us from this area that's headed down, along with other OB members that will be meeting up as well.

Next month on Oct 20-21 is the Blue Ridge Overland Tent Rally. There's also a few headed down to that.

And then in November, you have Overland East Expo down in Asheville, NC from Nov 9-11.

Check them out!

I really appreciate that information! This weekend I'm working on my cargo rack and other prep for our week-long Maine trip. I Might jump in on the other two. Just trying to make sure everything is ready for the big trip. I have quite the list I would like to get taken care of and I've been behind with basically losing a month due to rain.

Reactions: sabjku

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I really appreciate that information! This weekend I'm working on my cargo rack and other prep for our week-long Maine trip. I Might jump in on the other two. Just trying to make sure everything is ready for the big trip. I have quite the list I would like to get taken care of and I've been behind with basically losing a month due to rain.
No problem at all! Hope you can end up making it out to the local meetups as well.

If you can make it, Overland East is the biggest event we have on this coast. It's huge, and a lot of OB members will be there.

Good luck with getting the cargo rack setup. Post up some pics! Have a good trip to Maine!

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

So at the moment, I'm located in northern (occupied) VA.
98 Ram 1500, Regular cab with the 6'6'' bed
I would say intermediate? For sure not a novice and not experienced. I've driven MRAPs in some crazy spots and my truck in less crazy.
Will get more photos when we make our trip out to Maine here in OCT.

View attachment 69348 View attachment 69349
Welcome John! NOVA/DC here too.

Reactions: John Kurtz

John Kurtz

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Harpers Ferry, WV, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Kurtz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WROV950
Service Branch
Welcome John! NOVA/DC here too.
Thanks, yeah anyone from up here knows the struggle of explaining where we live. Had to laugh because that meet up this Sunday is almost right next to my old school. That military academy you will pass in Woodstock is where I went to school in the early 2000s. I even have family out in Edinburg. That fire tower has an awesome view up that way.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova