Enthusiast I

Spring Arbor, Jackson County, Michigan, United States
First Name
William
Last Name
Buckland
Member #

2020 Jeep Gladiator-Patroit X1GT

I’ve been playing in the dirt with all kinds of toys for 30 yrs. I’ve always just called it camping but now we are venturing farther from home. I’m always eager to learn from others and this group will be a great addition to my toolbox.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

I’ve been playing in the dirt with all kinds of toys for 30 yrs. I’ve always just called it camping but now we are venturing farther from home. I’m always eager to learn from others and this group will be a great addition to my toolbox.
Welcome to Overland Bound
For local information, the Mid West Regional Director is @Mike W
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE OVERLANDING AND OFF-ROAD EXPO // APRIL 21-22, 2023 // OZARK EMPIRE FAIRGROUNDS – SPRINGFIELD, MO
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Hello and welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: OUTnABOUTJT

OUTnABOUTJT

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
William
Last Name
Buckland
Member #

Hello and welcome to the OB family.
Thanks

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army

Welcome to the Overland Bound Community. Glad to have you join us.

OUTnABOUTJT

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
William
Last Name
Buckland
Member #

Welcome to the Overland Bound Community. Glad to have you join us.
Thanks, glad to be here

Reactions: Michael Golden

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC

Welcome to OB. Great looking rig. Hope to see you on the trails...

OUTnABOUTJT

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
William
Last Name
Buckland
Member #

Welcome to OB. Great looking rig. Hope to see you on the trails...
Thanks, We are out as much as possible. We love the UP and have family in Tennessee now, so we’ll be exploring that direction. We are overlanding to Utah in a couple weeks so lots to do to get ready for that.

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Thanks, We are out as much as possible. We love the UP and have family in Tennessee now, so we’ll be exploring that direction. We are overlanding to Utah in a couple weeks so lots to do to get ready for that.
We're in the UP a couple of times reach year. Last September we did 700 miles, over 5 days!

Have fun in Utah...

S

SoCoRuss

Ditto, we lived in the UP for 5 years in early 90's while stationed at Sawyer AFB. Absolutely loved the outdoors. Really miss the Walleye fishing.... Would have retired there if there were better paying jobs. You couldn't support a family on their wages unless you were a govt worker or in mining.

OUTnABOUTJT

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
William
Last Name
Buckland
Member #

Ditto, we lived in the UP for 5 years in early 90's while stationed at Sawyer AFB. Absolutely loved the outdoors. Really miss the Walleye fishing.... Would have retired there if there were better paying jobs. You couldn't support a family on their wages unless you were a govt worker or in mining.
The UP is fun to explore and has some great towns and areas to see, if you can avoid the state insect and the biting flies. We have some good friends that live in Marquette. Last year we spent 10 days over landing from the bridge to the western tip at the Quebec river, to the tip of Keweenaw at High Rock and then along Superior east to Drummond Island.